• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 14th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - It's NITRO Burnin' Time Again!!!

Congratulations to 'cuda20' (FABO) for winning the 2024 NHRA Winternationals Top Qualifier title with a near perfect outstanding total of 23.5 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifier in both Top Fuel and Funny Car, and the #2 qualifier in Pro Stock. Way to go!
'alsant' (FBBO) was right behind with 22.5 bonus points.

More great picks!

We have 16 players again this week and 15 different driver combos made up of:
* 6 different Top Fuel drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #6 qualifier Doug Kalitta (1 pick) and #11 qualifier Jasmine Salinas (1 pick). There is a possibility of two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 if all four drivers survive Round 1.
* 4 different Funny Car drivers. The earliest possibility of a head-to-head matchup is the semi-finals.
* 3 different Pro Stock drivers. The earliest possibility of a head-to-head matchup is the semi-finals.

Good luck all!

Well, hail!
Y'all are going to have to wait for the Arizona Nationals before you see the Winternationals results and new game standings.
The final round of Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock will be contested in Arizona.

Nice qualifying, alsant!

I'm going to see if the moderators can change my user name to First Round Dave. :BangHead:

Something to think about. Vance & Hines are the main supplier of parts for the Suzuki 4 cylinder engines in PSM. How come no body can beat them (V & H).
How come when Angie Smith wrecked her V-twin bike last year NHRA kept it through the end of the season before they would give it back.
The V-twin bikes that Matt amd Angie Smith run, the engines don't come from V & H. When V & H ran HD they were supplying the Suzuki parts for everybody else and nobody could beat them. When the HD deal fell through their Suzuki bikes all got bad fast.
NHRA is all about parrity. Where's the parrity when Gaige is hands down faster than anyone else in PSM.

Here's your NHRA Arizona Nationals "Tuesday Before the Event" reminder.
Please post your Arizona Nationals picks before qualifying starts so you will be eligible for all event bonus points.
Arizona Nationals qualifying is scheduled to start at 7:00pm EDT (4:00pm PDT) on Friday, April 5.

Please check nhra.com to make sure your picks are competing in this event.

Current competitor counts are:
16 Top Fuel
18 Funny Car
20 Pro Stock

Pro Stock Motorcycle will not compete at the Arizona Nationals or the Four-Wide Nationals in Las Vegas. Pro Stock Motorcycle will return to competition at the Circle K NHRA Four-Wide Nationals at zMAX Dragway in Concord, NC, scheduled for April 26-28.

The current weather forecast for the Arizona Nationals calls for
* Friday - mostly sunny with a high of 66F
* Saturday - sunny with a high of 65F
* Sunday - sunny with a high of 64F

sticking with my Locked in Picks for Phoenix
I was thinking about changing my P/S pick too
but I'll let it ride another week

good luck everyone :thumbsup:

& the Winter nationals final too :thumbsup:

FYI, my understanding is the Mission #2Fast2Tasty competitors (semi-finalists) from the hailed-out Winternationals will compete in Q1 on Friday (April 5) of the Arizona Nationals and the winners of those races will compete in Q2 on Saturday (April 6).
The final round competitors from the Winternationals will run in Q3 to close Saturday (April 6) action and determine the Winternationals winners.

Last edited:
...and more FYI, an announcement yesterday on nhra.com said NHRA is introducing a new two-day Pro category racing schedule at the upcoming Virginia Nationals. Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle will feature all three qualifying rounds on Saturday, June 22, with final eliminations run the following day.
Evidently this format change is largely due in part to a collaboration between the race teams and NHRA management.
The article did not confirm if this is a one-event experiment or if this will be a continuing event format for the remainder of the 2024 NHRA schedule.

...and more FYI, an announcement yesterday on nhra.com said NHRA is introducing a new two-day Pro category racing schedule at the upcoming Virginia Nationals. Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle will feature all three qualifying rounds on Saturday, June 22, with final eliminations run the following day.
Evidently this format change is largely due in part to a collaboration between the race teams and NHRA management.
The article did not confirm if this is a one-event experiment or if this will be a continuing event format for the remainder of the 2024 NHRA schedule.
no more Friday Night qualifying "Night of Fire"
those were the best rounds to watch,
usually best track, air & the fastest too

We are getting snow right now west slopes Sierras,
down to 2,000 ft & below elevations
cold wet front moving east

But it looks like Pheonix is 84* right now
supposed to be
66*/48* Fri, 68*/49* Sat, 75*/53* Sun
if that's the case good air, dense air, good runs

no more Friday Night qualifying "Night of Fire"
those were the best rounds to watch,
usually best track, air & the fastest too
I'm going to that race so hopefully they have it on Sat night. I keep watching for the schedule but they have yet to announce it.

Arizona

TF Justin Ashley
FC Matt Hagan
PS Dallas Glenn

For Phoenix:

TF Justin Ashley
FC Austin Prock
PS Aaron Stanfield

Good luck everyone!

Television schedule for the Arizona Nationals...

* Qualifying show 1: 9:30-11:00pm EDT (6:30-8:00pm PDT) today on FS1
* Winternationals finals at Arizona: 10:00-10:30pm EDT (7:00-7:30pm PDT), tomorrow (4/06) on FS1
* Qualifying show 2: 10:30am-Noon EDT (7:30-9:00am PDT), Sunday (4/07) on FS1
* Finals: 6:30-9:30pm EDT (3:30-6:30pm PDT), Sunday (4/07) on FS1

The qualifying shows and finals will be re-aired at later times but the Winternationals finals at Arizona will only be televised one time.

2024 NHRA Arizona Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 62F, 34% relative humidity, barometer 29.83", adjusted altitude 1,841', track temp. 85F

TF: Steve Torrence, 3.678 @ 336.23
FC: Austin Prock, 3.840; Bob Tasca III @ 334.65
PS: Erica Enders, 6.518; Jeg Coughlin Jr. @ 211.33

Q2
Weather: 65F, 26% relative humidity, barometer 30.16", adjusted altitude 1,622', track temp. 122F
PS: Erica Enders, 6.518; Jeg Coughlin Jr. @ 211.33

Q3
Weather: n/a

PS: Jeg Coughlin Jr., 6.517 @ 211.33

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back