• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chip Foose rips off E body bilboards

ole foose does what he does and is good at it , but I really cant stand his wheels

I like him a lot better than that other moron....you know, the one that Chip used to work for and is no longer coming down for breakfast. Now that guy was an ***. Boyd Duckhead.....

I like him a lot better than that other moron....you know, the one that Chip used to work for and is no longer coming down for breakfast. Now that guy was an ***. Boyd Duckhead.....

No ducking sh@t Cranky. I'm suprised the guys in his shop never attacked him with a pick hammer.

ole foose does what he does and is good at it , but I really cant stand his wheels

Exactamundo! There's obviously a place for Foose's stuff in the wide world of hot rodding and customs. I just don't like most of his stuff. Especially his wheels.

I don't get all the hate for Foose he's just doing what he loves, I wish I could build everything that's in my head & win the famed Riddler Award several times... I don't like absolutely everything he's done, especially the sound system crap is a total waste, too me... But no-one will ever like everything, that anyone does, but he's a great person, good father, good man, great ambassador for the car hobby in general, also he's a fantastic artist & extremely generous car guy.... He's a car customizer not a restoration guy, he builds his visions... He did do a 52-53 Caddy Convertible I think it was, a few years ago, that was near a full 100% restoration, with a color change from ugly baby blue crap to a Champaign/Gold color, only a couple very subtle Foose touches on the air cleaner & badges... Not everything has to be 100% OEM or restored, thank GOD... that's my opinion & everyone is entitled to their own too...

Foose_Ascot_20inch_Wheels_001 (2).jpg He's got one wheel that I like but can't afford them so who cares. You want to talk about a show that I can't stand to watch, that's Pimp my Ride. I honestly can't even watch it it's so ridiculous "who in there right mind wants they're ride turned into a parking lot entertainment center or to have a snow cone dispenser". Horrible show where they absolutely destroy cars and turn them into idiotic amusement parks. If they showed up at my door even when I hadn't started my car yet I'd tell them to get the hell out of hear "you ain't touching my car". If you've never seen it do yourself a favor and don't.

For what it's ducking worth Chip Foose is a car guy that is why he doesn't have brand loyalty. Look where he grew up and what he learned from his dad before going to design school and then working his butt off to get to where he is. I might not like a lot of what he does but he is good at it. I better Duck now.

To me all his paint schemes look virtually the same. All seem to be 2 tone with a pinstripe between or he will flip-flop the colors from a previously car he has done & put it on another. Lately he has done either some type of billboard style or stripes over the top. What will he do next? Get ready fo the dreaded "Ghost Flames"

I don't get all the hate for Foose he's just doing what he loves, I wish I could build everything that's in my head & win the famed Riddler Award several times... I don't like absolutely everything he's done, especially the sound system crap is a total waste, too me... But no-one will ever like everything, that anyone does, but he's a great person, good father, good man, great ambassador for the car hobby in general, also he's a fantastic artist & extremely generous car guy.... He's a car customizer not a restoration guy, he builds his visions... He did do a 52-53 Caddy Convertible I think it was, a few years ago, that was near a full 100% restoration, with a color change from ugly baby blue crap to a Champaign/Gold color, only a couple very subtle Foose touches on the air cleaner & badges... Not everything has to be 100% OEM or restored, thank GOD... that's my opinion & everyone is entitled to their own too...

It's funny, when I was a senior I had a good system in my car (listened to it loud, not rap or hip hop just rock). Now I can't stand to hear someone thumping down the road and am perfectly happy with the factory systems. I'm trying to decide on a system for the Charger, probably a digital media player as all my music is now on an I pod and will probably just go with a simple component setup 6"s and tweets "simple and no boxes".

Never mind about the automotive "creator/artist" himself, I have to wonder about the "Tinkerbells" that buy and drive it ??????

It's funny, when I was a senior I had a good system in my car (listened to it loud, not rap or hip hop just rock). Now I can't stand to hear someone thumping down the road and am perfectly happy with the factory systems. I'm trying to decide on a system for the Charger, probably a digital media player as all my music is now on an I pod and will probably just go with a simple component setup 6"s and tweets "simple and no boxes".

yeah me too I love music, I use to listen to it really loud while cruising back in the day, it's kind of a right of passage for the youth & I had some great home systems too... but IMHFO a $2500-$5000+ sound system in an old classic car, I like hearing the engine now more than just the music, especially in the RR, in my Dakota it a different story, it's allot quitter & has a decent sound system from the factory, I still like to hear the engine thou, just not at the same levels... some of these systems are just a total waste of car money, that could be better spent on something more for appearance, interior, braking, power or handling... A stereo, w/20 watt per channel is more than adequate, especially if the car has any sound deadening/insulation or w/separate speakers for mid range, tweeters & base, using crossovers etc., just quality speakers & a decent powered dash unit is more than plenty now... Unless you into the "way over the top" Boom Boom with way too much base cRap music or some stereo competition... but too each their own, in that case, it's just not for me...

The wheel that was posted a few posts ago looks 99% like an 05-08ish mustang wheel, just in 20 instead of 16 or 17.

If you like those so much, go look for some mustang "take offs"...it will be a LOT cheaper to get tires on them as well.

- - - Updated - - -

...and for the record, I think the guy is talented, and while I can appreciate some of his work, it seems to translate MUCH better to gm than Mopar.

I don't EVER remember seeing a single high dollar custom paint job on a Mopar, that looked better than if it had simply been an available color and stripe combo. Just as good, maybe a couple, but never better.

I wish it was that easy but all modern cars have tons of offset and not only wouldn't fit a muscle car but look like hell without that dished look. Those are 19" X 10"s by the way.

[/QUOTE] I don't EVER remember seeing a single high dollar custom paint job on a Mopar, that looked better than if it had simply been an available color and stripe combo. Just as good, maybe a couple, but never better.[/QUOTE]

I think it's the lines. Mopars have superior body lines to begin with and an over the top paint job just clutters up the canvas. Chebys on the other hand need a little help. Foose needs to stick with Chebies and Furds.

I agree the guy is very talented and from everything I've heard from people who personally met him, a very cool down to earth car guy. But I also agree some of the mopars he's done are a little overdone, at least to my taste. I appreciate all the craftsmanship that went into them but still I can see how traditional mopar people don't like them.

As far as stereos go, I'm with the ever-wise budnicks. I'll put a couple 6x9's in the package tray, a couple 6's up front and call it good. No reason to go over the top when you already have a 440 cubic inch sound system up front.

On stereos...I like somewhere between 75 and 150 watts per channel, with some resonably efficent and broad ranged speakers.

I do listen to a lot of my own (vs the radio) so USB and aux in are a godsend to me...I just wish the manufacturers would realize the input level needs adjustment up (preferably controlable)...and NOT attenuation down. Finally reasonably intuitive folder menus are apperaing, but they are few and far between, Not all people's muic is in the root of the top level folder! ...and simple "next" buttons don't cut it with 10,000 tracks in 300 folders with subfolders.

The audio menu on my phone is decent, but I have to put on reading glasses to see it, plus hold the phone and thumb the buttons n the 2.5 inch display. I thought this would eliminate the need for a good menu on the head unit, but I was wrong, as it's much more of a distraction. I's actually MUCH easier to manually find a CD and manually insert it, than to operate a phone menu!

- - - Updated - - -

RE: rim offset- have you actually trued putting mustang rims on an older car, like at the JY?

I put some Intrepid wheels on a 5th Ave, and they fit pretty good.

Sometimes there's a bit of "hidden" offset in the center of the wheel, covered by the center cap.

...and the mustang is RWD anyway.

I have way more respect for the guys over at graveyard cars. I think it's a hundred time harder to build a car completely oem then to make the custom like chip.

Auto Transport Service
Back