• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Chrome Rocker Panels - 68 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know where you can get the chrome rockers that go along the bottom sides of a 68 GTX. I had bought a set from Metro Molding Parts Co. out of Georgia a couple of years ago. Theyre the last piece to my puzzle. They're still in the packaging but they're too long. I need a set that fits.

Anyone have these for sale - or know where I can buy them?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Kevin

I have some used ones PM me if interested

I contacted Metro Parts in Georgia and they acknowledged they had some poor workmanship on these rockers a couple of years back. They were very cooperative and asked me to send the defective rockers back to them - even though they were 4 years old. They would package up new ones and send them out same day ups.

I can can only hope the new ones fit correctly since this is the third try at these. The previous 2 sets didn't fit right.

Can you measure the defective ones up before you ship them out ?

I have a new pair from Metro that I have yet to use and would like to know if they're are among the orphans.

Can you measure the defective ones up before you ship them out ?

I have a new pair from Metro that I have yet to use and would like to know if they're are among the orphans.

I measured the length of the original rockers. The longest point they're 81 1/4. That should be the length at the longest point if you have the correct ones. They taper a bit to,fit the curve of the wheel well so they'll be a little shorter at the taper. The ones that are going back to Metro are longer than the 81 1/4 and don't fit. If unclear just pm me.

DSCF8545 (2).jpgDSCF8546 (2).jpg I bought a set of those from Year One, and the date on the shipping label is Feb 11, 2011. I have'nt taken them out of the tube yet. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Year one told me at the time that they were waiting for their shipment to come in from . . . you guessed it! Metro.

O.K., I took Em out and they measure 81-1/8". I guess I'm good?

From the looks of it yours should fit perfectly. That's when I bought mine as well - was sometime in 2011. I won't why mine were so off and yours apparently fit. They said they had a bad worker back then. Maybe he was hit and miss - I got a miss and you got a hit. Hopefully they have the problem resolved. I appreciate them standing behind a 4 year old product that was never installed. I just want the correct ones as they're the last piece to go on the car!

68-70 the same? Side note. When replacing mine years ago - YO - the clips were also replaced. They are a softer compound and allow the trim to pull away from the body. Originals were probably more rigid. Now there is a nasty gap behind the drivers door that I notice every time approaching the car. Be aware. The scum sucking Chevy guy (Shelly's Auto Body Danielsville, Pa) who messed up the paint and reassembled the car no longer had the old ones.

Dennis, yes 68 - 70 are the same. Thx for the note because I was looking to possibly replace the clips with new ones. Now I'll leave the NOS that are still on the car. Sorry you're having an issue with yours. This repop stuff is always a question mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back