Chrysler 8 3/4 Axle bearing and Seal R&R...A How To

HS 69 Charger

Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
Seems a bit of personal taste on the SureGrip model. I did end up going with Auburn (which according to another thread was the original OEM design). I also chose to go back to my build sheets gear ratio so picked up Yukon Gear and Pinion set.
One follow up question. The Auburn SureGrip Diff came with a Limited Slip Additive bottle to add into standard Gear Lube. But when I checked local stock of Gear Lube I found Lucas Conventional Oil 80W-90. But on the back it says exceeds Service Level: MIL-PRF-2105E and PG2 Limited Slip. So two things: My Service Manual says use MIL-PRF-2105B. I expect this means we are beating it with the 2105E.
But my bigger question is PG2 Limited Slip. So does this mean I still use the Auburn Additive or NOT.
Thanks for any advice on this.

upload_2022-5-2_17-14-41.png

Mr. Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
Seems a bit of personal taste on the SureGrip model. I did end up going with Auburn (which according to another thread was the original OEM design). I also chose to go back to my build sheets gear ratio so picked up Yukon Gear and Pinion set.
One follow up question. The Auburn SureGrip Diff came with a Limited Slip Additive bottle to add into standard Gear Lube. But when I checked local stock of Gear Lube I found Lucas Conventional Oil 80W-90. But on the back it says exceeds Service Level: MIL-PRF-2105E and PG2 Limited Slip. So two things: My Service Manual says use MIL-PRF-2105B. I expect this means we are beating it with the 2105E.
But my bigger question is PG2 Limited Slip. So does this mean I still use the Auburn Additive or NOT.
Thanks for any advice on this.

View attachment 1279137
Here's what I did with the original cone type SG's.....and from what I saw years ago, the new Auburns are not the same but anyways, if it didn't chatter, I didn't ad the additive. Never had a clutch type not chatter but had several originals cone units that didn't. Just my take on them.