• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler Mystery [?] Intake

Thanks for your help! I guess on mine, the 2nd number is a 5 rather then a 6, so I couldn't find info on it. When I changed the number, "presto". It seems to be the "M1 Single Plane" intake just like you said, thanks!!!. Now I just need to figure out if it's any good, and if I should keep it. I guess they are discontinued now. Hoping if I ever have to pull it off, I can get the gaskets

I am wondering if these are more "drag race" type set ups, and not as good for a street machines

The regular Performer and DP4B are virtually the same. The RPM is different. Depending on the specifics of the motor and car, one might be better than the other.
Thanks!

I have a 383 and you have kept me from making a BIG mistake. The intake that I was purchasing was a CH4B and you are the second member that has told me that it was for a 440 and NOT a 383. Seems that the DP4B is THE correct intake for my 383. I would appreciate confirmation from others regarding this please. Thanks so much!
they are right i wasn't think clear at the time but there is a different one for a 383 . i think eldobrock has brought back to market. i ran the 440 intake for years with no trouble and at the track i ran 11:40 's . a single plan intake is for hi r.p.m and straight air flow a duel plane will help at idle and traffic and all around driving. if you go e.f.i use a single plan intake

they are right i wasn't think clear at the time but there is a different one for a 383 . i think eldobrock has brought back to market. i ran the 440 intake for years with no trouble and at the track i ran 11:40 's . a single plan intake is for hi r.p.m and straight air flow a duel plane will help at idle and traffic and all around driving. if you go e.f.i use a single plan intake
Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back