• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic auto Air or Vintage Air installs? Pics??? :)

Suregrip391

Local time
10:23 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures or info they can post about either company, which did you use, where did you buy it, ease of installation, etc... 68-70 B body installs please:) thanks!

I used a Classic Auto Air perfect fit system for my car. I have detailed the installation in my restoration thread. Some of the A/C stuff is in the first few pages, and then towards the end you can see the dash and A/C controls installed. I actually just got the system charged and it works great! One important detail is their tech support was excellent (I customized my system to hide it and needed some additional pieces).

Anyway, Classic Auto Air get two thumbs up from me.

Classic Air

I've had a classic air for 2 years in my 69 RR. Blows cold, even in the desert here, no problems. Recommend highly.

Attachments

• IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 438
I like the Vintage air for non-A/C cars. Like mine. Classic has a great set-up as well.

Thanks for the info and pics guys, I'll probably go this route but I also want to look into getting my original heater/AC box restored. Are there any guys on the board that do them and do them well?

I did the new Vintage Air system. They route the lines under the passenger side fender if that makes a difference.

Classic Auto Air Hot Rod System. (Not the Perfect Fit System). Blows cold and uses the factory heater controls. Although, I would prefer the newest Perfect Fit System electronic controls.

AC under dash 7-2-014.jpgRestored dash MAY 2013-004.jpgIMG_0143.jpg

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. My car is a factory AC car and although the classic kit would be easy/less expensive do you guys think that would hurt its value much over spending more to redo the old original stuff? I'm trying to decide what to do. I know most would say do what ever you want, it's your car but I tend to drive a car for 2-4 years then look for something else. I personally prefer them all stock and original but not sure the added expense is worth it compared to a classic kit. Appreciate the help guys. Nice cars!

I had a Vintage System on my 69 B Body Vert. It worked great 55mph and under. Driving long distances faster than 55, it would not keep the cabin cool. I have a feeling that the big reason was the lack of insulation / sealing of a 69 Convertible. Long trips on the interstate in the middle of summer was not very pleasant. Long distances on country back roads, 55mph or less, was snow balls cold. The back roads were more fun anyway.

Running around Reno today with a few romps on 80. Classic is ice cold. Comfortable cabin.

I used a Bouchillon Performance kit on my car. Installation was not too bad, I did take out the evaporator assembly from under the dash to install the clutch cycle switch tubing around the evaporator. I was able to use a portion of the original steel lines to keep it close to original looking. System blows ice cold.

Attachments

• DSC00265.JPG
    DSC00265.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC00268.JPG
    DSC00268.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC00269.JPG
    DSC00269.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 195
Auto Transport Service
Back