• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Industries - buyer beware

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago there was a thread about some of the products being sold by Classic Industries not being correct and them not issuing credit for return shipping. Here is another prime example of their fine customer relations. I ordered a sending tank ground strap MF290 last November along with a bunch of other stuff, which wasn't a big deal because I don't need it yet anyway. Received it last week and realized right away it is not correct. This one measured 4" long compared to an original of 6". I checked to see if it would work on the car and it will not, as it is to short. I did buy one several years ago from Year One and it was about 7" long, but at least would work. So I call them and politely state that it will not work for what it is advertised as fitting. Don @ ext. 307 tells me he will have to check into it and get back to me. 5 days later he calls back to give me a return authorization #. I say fine, but what about the return shipping because it really isn't my fault that the part doesn't fit. He says there is nothing more he can do. I ask nicely to talk to a supervisor. He tells me the decision has already been made and it won't help. I ask again to talk to a supervisor and he refuses. At this point I am getting a little steamed and will not pay to mail back a 7.99 part that doesn't fit what they say it does. I told him he can shove it up his a$$. Maybe that nice fellow from Classic will chime in.

P7180099.JPG

Ordered last November and just now got it? Damn...and the wrong part came. That's B.S.

Customer service sucks nowadays period, part is the personnel or policies, part is the companies, part is just the idiots on the phones, sucks either way... Summit, Jegs & Mancini Racing are the only decent suppliers anymore, with any decent customer service... my $0.02 cents

I've been getting screwed by EBAY buyer protection. They said that they would give me $$ back from a transaction made over a month ago. Still ain't heard squat.

My buddy Mike just got a pair of window cranks for a Dart from them, supposed to have a medallion in the middle, one was missing and the other was dented and lopsided. But they told him to keep those ones and they'd send new ones out to him free of charge. Too bad you didn't get the same customer service guy I guess :shruggy:

Ordered last November and just now got it? Damn...and the wrong part came. That's B.S.

Seriously! WTF?

- - - Updated - - -

Customer service sucks nowadays period, part is the personnel or policies, part is the companies, part is just the idiots on the phones, sucks either way... Summit, Jegs & Mancini Racing are the only decent suppliers anymore, with any decent customer service... my $0.02 cents

Summit has always been awesome for me :icon_thumleft: had an issue with mancini dropping the ball on sending my rear main which had been on backorder once it came back in stock, but once I called them saying "wtf" they were nice and quick to correct the issue

It sucks that Classic is forthe most part just a middle man and has to rely on outside vendors like vansautohic on ebay to get their parts lmao I'm being doubly sarcastic here anyone who has dealt with both places knows ha I'm talking about. I have never had any problems with Classic to date but have not bought a lot of stuff from them, would like to but the prices are higher than other authorized mopar parts dealers plus living in Cal you have to pay the taxes :(

Everyone should take note. that in the back of the classic catalouge it actually says that they can optnot to take care of a problem EVEN IF IT IS THEIR FAULT.No matter how many times someone on the phone tries to assure you that they will make it right, those assurances carry as much power as a fart or an opinion. Buyer beware read ALL the fine print

I used to buy a fair amount from The Paddock before Classic took over their inventory and never had a problem with them. Classic is the exact opposite. On this order from last November there were probably 12 items. I had issues with 4 of them. I have no problem paying to return a part that I made a mistake on ordering, but if it wasn't my fault I feel differently. Not only that but the people they have answering the phones have no clue as to what they are selling. A lot is said about high prices at Year One, but they do sell decent products. They also stand behind what they sell and make it right if a mixup is their fault. It's a good thing we have companies like them, Dantes, Herbs, Mega, Mancini, and R/T Specialties to chose from. I'm thinking this is the end for myself and Classic.

i have not ever used classic,but two threads in as many weeks bashing there service has my decision made not to use them.thanx hunt2elk for preempting a mistake.

I used to buy a fair amount from The Paddock before Classic took over their inventory and never had a problem with them. Classic is the exact opposite. ............ A lot is said about high prices at Year One, but they do sell decent products. They also stand behind what they sell and make it right if a mixup is their fault. ................. I'm thinking this is the end for myself and Classic.

x2 on Year One - my experience of an order going bad was a few years ago. I bought what was advertised online and print as a "Wheel Opening Molding set" for 68-70 ALL B-Body cars. I checked that to be the case, and ordered said items at great expense. A few weeks later I get the box, open it up, and they are for 68-70 Dodge Coronet only. Man was I gutted. I rang them straight away and was told I had ordered the wrong item. After I pointed out the mistake they conceded an error in THEIR catalogs, so very quickly offered to send me a replacement correct set when they became available. I eventually received the correct trims, and was told to simply keep/discard or sell the incorrect items as the return freight would be outrageous. Full marks to Year One Customer Service on that one. Eventually I found two Coronet owners here who split the trims between their cars - 3 happy people.

It sucks that Classic is forthe most part just a middle man and has to rely on outside vendors like vansautohic on ebay to get their parts lmao I'm being doubly sarcastic here anyone who has dealt with both places knows ha I'm talking about...

As a new guy to the hobby, is there known issues with Vansautohic? I have been watching some of their stuff on Ebay. As for Classic, I had a $2800 order ready then noticed the +25% shipping to Canada.

My .02 stay away from generic motors suppliers. They all have low standards that's why they settled for a inferior automobile.

x2 on Year One - my experience of an order going bad was a few years ago. I bought what was advertised online and print as a "Wheel Opening Molding set" for 68-70 ALL B-Body cars. I checked that to be the case, and ordered said items at great expense. A few weeks later I get the box, open it up, and they are for 68-70 Dodge Coronet only. Man was I gutted. I rang them straight away and was told I had ordered the wrong item. After I pointed out the mistake they conceded an error in THEIR catalogs, so very quickly offered to send me a replacement correct set when they became available. I eventually received the correct trims, and was told to simply keep/discard or sell the incorrect items as the return freight would be outrageous. Full marks to Year One Customer Service on that one. Eventually I found two Coronet owners here who split the trims between their cars - 3 happy people.

This is how a decent company should take care of their customers if they were at fault. I've had a similar experience with Y.O. Great customer service in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

i have not ever used classic,but two threads in as many weeks bashing there service has my decision made not to use them.thanx hunt2elk for preempting a mistake.

You are welcome. There are definitely better places to buy.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought so too. And then they won't fix their mistake.

This is not good news, but at the same time a savior. I was just thinking of buying my "Legendary" door panels from Classic. They are listed cheaper than in Legendary's own catalog. I guess sometimes you get what you pay for. In this case customer service, which is truly invaluable.

Man, what a crock. Sorry to hear it. Ordered from classic twice with no issues, but it sounds like I got lucky. A hunk of 12 gauge wire, two hose clamps and some liquid electrical tape to cover up the ends will work just as well for you, if you're not worried about appearance.

Classic Industries are you listening to the voice of your customer???? We vote with our hard earned dollars. I was prepared to place a small order but now I will look at other options before I place an order.

This is not good news, but at the same time a savior. I was just thinking of buying my "Legendary" door panels from Classic. They are listed cheaper than in Legendary's own catalog. I guess sometimes you get what you pay for. In this case customer service, which is truly invaluable.

Give Dantes a try for your Legendary interior stuff. I just placed my order with them for the Charger project. Great guy to.

You're so right, Bud. So many are just in it for a buck and don't care if they get it right - and can't get it right even if they wanted to. I want to put in a good word for Joe Suchy on this front. He answers his own phone and emails and knows what he's selling and will even help with technical questions. When we bought our Belvedere, all of the body trim was in the trunk. Joe helped me get all of the correct clips and even hand drew me a diagram of what went where and threw it into the box. He specializes in '62-'65 parts, so I highly recommend anyone who needs that stuff go to Joe. Guys like that are getting harder to come by and should be patronized.

joesuchybcard.jpg

The employees at Classic Industries can scrub the dirt clods off a donkeys balls....with their toothbrushes.
Sorry, Excuse me, I ment, I wish to agree with the previous posters regarding the decline in customer service.

Auto Transport Service
Back