• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Industries Console door adjustment

Bob Sawyer

Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
I purchased the complete console top plate, door and end trim piece for my '68 Charger.
I'm having trouble getting the door adjustment to an acceptable fit.
Has anyone had problems with fitment on these repop pieces?

Good luck! It is somewhat hard even getting original parts to close easily. I managed to get the repro pieces to work by eventually filing off a little on the ends of the pieces for clearance. This after a lot of messing with it.

Good luck! It is somewhat hard even getting original parts to close easily. I managed to get the repro pieces to work by eventually filing off a little on the ends of the pieces for clearance. This after a lot of messing with it.
Thanks. Spent too much time on it last night,1 but it appears that is the only way to make it work.

I agree I had to do the same thing. Although I had original plates the repop console was the issue. Still had to file it down a little for clearance.

Auto Transport Service
Back