• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

classic industries/legendary BAD QUALITY DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU

who is at fault

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I couldn't be happier with my Legendary covers.

I did 75% of the install my self (all of the rear and the front bottoms), and I did notice it was REAL EASY to start them crooked, and the more you progressed, the crookeder they would get. I had to adjust after every hog ring on some sections.

I can 100% agree with this. I did the high back buckets for my '71, and I came away from the project with an understanding an respect for what a good upholsterer can do.

IMG_3476.jpg

sjd

I'm guessing installer problem in an imperfect world..
I've done cars with Legendary covers and it isn't necessarily "easy" to get them on even if the covers are spot on. Some times it takes a little work.
Those look like difficult seats to install
The inserts have to be hog ringed at the piping and the seat cover pulled over afterward.
These are pictures of exactly the same covers in different colors.
My white one isn't quite as perfect as the black one. See the bunched up, uneven pleats?
But I was in a hurry to get that one done some years ago and went ahead a put it on.
After I ordered the black one , I saw better quality work on the bottom of the black one.
I've even asked Legendary if I could pay them for another white bottom as well made as the black one, but they haven't responded.
If there was a big problem with yours the installer (you?) should have stopped and called Legendary.
That's hindsight.

I know that's frustrating after paying so much money for someone to do the work.

Attachments

• 20140903_095234 (Large).jpg
    20140903_095234 (Large).jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 557
  • 20140903_095006 (Large).jpg
    20140903_095006 (Large).jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 560
  • 20140903_095430 (Large).jpg
    20140903_095430 (Large).jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 565
  • 20140903_095704 (Large).jpg
    20140903_095704 (Large).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 560
What about the foam underneath? was it new too? looks like the foam is wrong for that seat and he just pulled it over too tight.

I think it was the installer as well I used to cut futniture upholstery for a living (13years) and you know as soon as you roll out the material if it's skewed more than 1/4 of and inch and you can also tell if the sewing is bad as well. I bet he's slopped the foam on half assed as well.He installed badley.

im caught in the middle i just contacted classic ind and sent a lot of pics i guess they will have to figure it out the installer if florida auto trim in palm beach owner operator is eddy he says its the covers i will post what happens thank all members who put in there thoughts bo

im caught in the middle i just contacted classic ind and sent a lot of pics i guess they will have to figure it out the installer if florida auto trim in palm beach owner operator is eddy he says its the covers i will post what happens thank all members who put in there thoughts bo
I wish you luck and hope for good outcome.

After seeing theses new photos of the seats at a closer view I have to retract my previous comments about the installer,although he should have contacted you first before installing them, and the foam could be some of the issue as far as the bulge on one side.Like I said I worked in furniture for 13 years and after looking at your seat covers they have a bad repeat on the pattern from left to right! Repeat is where the milling of the fabric becomes more or less in one direction on the same roll, and example of this is your distance in between each vertical line changes it might start at 2 3/4 '' and wind up being 3 3/4 as it goes along. When it's sewed there is no way to line the fabric up from top to bottom to match ,an example is the top cover lines up with bottom cover but as it goes along from left to right the repeat changes and the vertical lines become offset. Your installer cannot fix this condition it's impossible.Another indication is on your cover where the line is running under the sew seam at an angle ,its more straight at the bottom and the skews to the left out of line from top to bottom. I know many people here will swear by Legendary products and there is no reason for them not too but this is bad quality period. Now with that being said all manufacturing plants will get some bad products out the door it's just not possible to catch every one shipping out.You need to call them and tell them what is in this post about the repeat on the fabric and the sewing quality. I will be doing my interior and I will be buying from legendary .I can't stress enough to check seat covers for theses types of issues before installing. I think that your installer needs to know more about the way fabric is milled and should have checked the covers before it ever got this far,there is a lot more to doing this type of work then just throwing a cover on a frame.I think they will take care of you on this but your installer needs to suck it up and do the next job free once you get a good set of covers.I hope this helps and good luck,I think a puss is going to slap you right in the mouth next time !!!!

Your installer charged you 600.00 for that? OUCH! Sorry but my grandkids could have done a better job. Looks to be the installer not Legendary.
Any time someone wants paid up front especially for labor won't get my business. Do a days work and then I'll give a days pay. Send Greedo and Sluggo over to get your 500.00 back from guy number one and then over to guy number two for your 600.00.

I'm with you michael .....so far no hard answer from classic ind. but they say they are trying to have me ship the seat backs to the vendor legendary and have them install new seat covers or fix the ones that are twisted i truly do not believe the twisted one can be fixed the rubber hits the road any day now i hope to have the solution does not cost me anything $$ truly tried my best to do it rite by buying from the best the entire setup for the seats then paying a pro to install LOOK WHAT I GET i will post what happens thanks to all members who replied ..bo

I have not voted on this as you can not tell from pictures but I am leaning to installer error because
a pro would have stopped if product would make him look bad or showed customer and let them make a choice
to install or not

Both installers stole your money plain and simple. As stated if the covers were bad then the installer should have picked up on it and not progressed any further. Sure sucks to lose money this way and can make a person very angry. Good luck with the outcome.

I have had great luck with legendary- good quality and great customer service. I had an issue with a cover that I bought from them at the Nationals; since they are only 90 minutes or so from me I took them the cover. They fixed it right away for me, and even told me that if I would've brought the seat they would've installed it. If those covers were really made by legendary I'm willing to bet they'll make it right.

Based on my last order, I will say that I believe Legendary wants to do good work and cares about customer feedback.

I did a complete restoration on my 70 `cuda seats a few years back. All the metal and springs were stripped/e-coated[replaced where worn out], new burlap, Legendary covers, etc. I took all my new stuff to a VERY reputable interior guy, and received a phone call that I had a problem. It seemed that the covers for the front buckets were sewn too large. I called Legendary about the problem, and they told me that I needed to have purchased their seat-buns to ensure correct fit. I told them that their new seat-buns were already installed, and the covers fit like ****. They called me back to have me send the front covers back. I told them they were a special ordered F8/ragtop set, and I needed all covers to be replaced to insure color match. They said since they were green ragtop stuff, they'd only replace the fronts, and I could purchase a new rear set to ensure color match[that batch of vinyl]. In the meantime, Just Dashes had color matched my new dashpad, and covered/dyed all the interior panels to match a seat swatch. I ended up having the interior guy re-sewing the front covers to fit. Thank God they weren't sewn too small. Sometimes situations with resto's and businesses just sucks.

covers

View attachment 221505View attachment 221506View attachment 221503View attachment 221507View attachment 221504View attachment 221496View attachment 221497if it was raining puss i would get hit with the but hole ...first auto interior man asked for money up front stupid me put 500$ in his hand and a month later still not done i confront him and take back my seats and covers and he has spent my 500$ I'm giving him a few days to refund before i hurt him i move on to another shop seats get all redone cost 600$ all is good till i stand back and look i bought thru classic industries there vender is legendary you be the judge I'm fairly certain they will send out new one after seeing what a mess they made and they better pay all cost to remove and reinstall the new ones AM I ASKING TO MUCH ? ANY BODY ELSE HAVE THIS HAPPEN PLEASE ADVISE THANKS..:icon_evil:View attachment 221491 BO

I do auto upholstery for a living. and people bring me these kits all the time. I always tell them not to by these kits because they never fit right and just let me make the covers to fit the seats. but they go ahead and buy them anyway because it's a few dollars cheaper, and then they turn out like this and they want to blame me all the time. then I show them where they are sewed wrong or made wrong then they say I guess I should have listened to you. know they are paying double for me to redo them and they hope they get there money back for who they bought the covers from. so never buy pre made stuff always have your interior guy sew the stuff up so it will come out nice and look good. that's just me.

I know everyone really likes Legendary's stuff and I will admit, it can be better than most but that's not to say they don't have their own issues.

I recently bought seat covers for my car and noticed some problems with the covers. I had to add a lot of additional padding to fill them out even though my foam was in excellent condition. The rear seat pleats wouldn't line up no matter what you did. The very center piece of vinyl in the upper back seat cover was too big and the only way to fill it out properly was to add so much foam that the seat bulges out like some old woman's pillow. I had to work and rework every piece to get them to the point that I could live with them.

That being said, the last seat covers I bought from PUI were actually better fitting with less work. Now yes, I could have sent these back to Legendary and waited weeks to get them back. Even if I had done so, what are the chances that they'd be better than they were before? I don't know. I made them work.

I only say all this because in spite of the fact that Legendary usually makes the best cover does not mean that they can't screw some up from time to time.

Your seats look just awful. As bad as they look, I cannot believe the installer wouldn't have spotted the problems immediately. I have to say that it is a combo of both bad covers and bad installer. Again though, as bad as the install is, there is no way that those seat covers were made properly. Apparently Legendary has a new guy working there and they are showing him the ropes but they need to QC that crap better before it goes out or their reputation is going to tank quick. I already am likely to use someone else next time.

100% installer, even if the covers were bad he should have never put them on. He must not care about his own reputation, and is just there for the money. Looks like he could give a crap less about his customers.

Auto Transport Service
Back