• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning a greasy engine

I don't cover anything. Just make sure the engine is warm, not hot. Avoid the bulkhead like the plague. After reading this thread, I'm gonna use 4 cans of Gunk or whatever is in sale. No paint removal, and no grease left. Nice and clean. Toothbrushes my eye.

I have a question...what do y'all do bout the electrical components?? bulkhead, coil etc...

Remove as many items as you can. Cover the distributor, alternator, etc. with a plastic bag. Don't spray cleaner directly on wiring or electrical components, clean those by spraying cleaner on a rag and gently wiping without saturating.

I like to go fishing once in a while so am on board with not dumping tons of harsh chemicals down the street drains.
Thanks,
Derek

So, just pull onto the lawn and hose it down there. Problem solved

WD-40 is good for general cleaning/polishing of most anything under the hood. Its not good for oily built up grime but for cleaning off your spark plug wires, aluminum stuff, painted areas, ect its great. Try it and you will be amazed how easy it works.

Auto Transport Service
Back