• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland "Guardians?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure miss my dad, but glad he ain’t here to see this cancel culture and woke crap and other idiotic changes uniformed people are catering to.
I vote with my hard earned cash,
- I don’t go to baseball games anymore
- I don’t go to football games anymore
- I don’t buy Woke Coke anymore.
I look harder than ever for organizations and manufactures that stay neutral and stay away from this BS
agenda.

I don't give a rats ***, we used to watch almost every game, went to several at Progressive Field but as soon as they pulled out of Georgia over their voting law I was done. Piss on them, the NFL and the NBA, I emailed them and told them where they could shove it and why I wouldn't be attending another game. They're the Cleveland Indians.. piss on all of these sissy assed cry babies too!

Maybe they should call themselves the Cleveland pussy’s , since they let others walk over them and make them change their name to suit others.

I’ve been in Cleveland and heard that!
Don’t know where and actually why it originated though.
I THINK, but I'm not sure, Mistake by the Lake was the name of the old Municipal Stadium. It was built to host the Olympics in the 30's.
The mistake was that the Olympics were never held in Cleveland.

I’m not in love with Guardians but it seems with the local context it makes some sense. As for Indians, who the heck would want their team named after alcoholic unemployed people? Teams are often named after someone or something with admirable qualities, Patriots, Cowboys, 49ers, Marlins. The native Americans are just telling us that they have none and we shouldn’t name teams after them. Seems simple enough.

How about changing the name to the Cleveland Cleavers with a picture of one on the shirt? LOL, otherwise maybe the Cleveland Cleavites or better yet: The Cleveland Cleavage with low cut shirts, LOL!
:lol:

Along that line of thought, they could be called The Cleveland Cups, or The C Cups, for short. Same cleavage revealing uniforms...

I’m not in love with Guardians but it seems with the local context it makes some sense. As for Indians, who the heck would want their team named after alcoholic unemployed people? Teams are often named after someone or something with admirable qualities, Patriots, Cowboys, 49ers, Marlins. The native Americans are just telling us that they have none and we shouldn’t name teams after them. Seems simple enough.
Seems a little harsh. I'm Native American, not an alcoholic, been continuously employed for 46 years, many times at more than one job and I couldn't give a crap what some **** hole city names their bunch of arrogant overpaid primadonna ball players that have very few admirable qualities. In the end, it doesn't matter, it's just a damn game.

Last edited:
You mean NOT all Indians are drunks? What? Are all Mexicans lazy? Are all Black people criminals? Are all Irish people drunks?
Do all British people have bad teeth? Are all French people smelly and annoying?

Yeah....Sometimes, you will find some stereotypes to be true.
I'm Irish but I don't drink. I'm white but I don't dance well.

Last edited:
You mean NOT all Indians are drunks? What? Are all Mexicans lazy? Are all Black people criminals? Are all Irish people drunks?
Do all British people have bad teeth? Are all French people smelly and annoying?

no, there are exceptions; but the stereotypes had to start somewhere :D

back on topic....... this isn't India, therefore the natives weren't/aren't Indians!........ someone should ask the Dots how THEY feel

I’ve been to Britain. They do in fact all have bad teeth.

Probably can't jump either...

Indians was (is) a great name for the Cleveland baseball team. Name after a Cleveland player (Sokalexis?) back in the early 1900s, and killed by white liberals.
I visit my son in Arizona, Scottsdale, which is right next to the Navaho Reservation. Native Americans at Walmart, gas stations, everywhere I go, and many wear Chief Wahoo and Indians shirts. The Spring Training site is in Goodyear, AZ, about 20 miles away...
Don't know why we let liberal, woke suburban white soccer moms decide anything, like elections, team names, or social media dialog.

I found it somewhat comical that after bowing to the protesters, they went out and interviewed them regarding the new name..... The protesting group refused to comment on the new name, the team itself, or even baseball in general. Those people could only talk about themselves, and nothing else. It was clear they could give two sh*ts if baseball never existed in the first place. Most people also never knew what the guardians were, Clevelanders included until it was explained to them. I think the news story was on Fox8.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back