• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland "Guardians?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cojohnso1

Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
As a baseball fan it's always frowned with any change? Especially baseball with such a long history. But I also understand that some changes are needed. But as names go? The "Guardians" isn't too bad a pick? Especially with some area relevance to that name?

Do not watch any of them ,I believe bull **** the guardians :upyours:

Do not watch any of them ,I believe bull **** the guardians :upyours:
Ok. Then why so much negativity? Personally? I think the Guardians is a better name out of the box? I'm willing to bet if a new little league team had a choice between Indians or Guardians? Guardians wins hands down.

Think what you want, the Indians was fine name we going to change everything because someone feels affended or has hurt feelings

Guardians is sourced from the guardians on the Lorain Carnegie bridge. They were hand carved by the Italians in the little Italy area of Cleveland.
I believe they are guarding the traffic over the bridge.

I don’t really like it.

But were any Indians actually offended? Canada is way over the top at this crap compared to the U.S. and it’s all driven by white people.
Where I live pretty much EVERYONE is either Indian or Eskimo, and they couldn’t give a ****. The only people I see on the news driving this stuff is either city natives who may only be a small fraction aboriginal, or bleeding heart white folks trying to carry the burden for aboriginals who never asked for and don’t need their help.

1. I don't like change.
  2. I don't know that this change is needed or necessary.
  3. The new name sounds too colloquial to me. It doesn't sound like something that others (outside Cleveland or Ohio) will immediately pick up on.
  4. Cleveland Wahoos might be a better choice?

Guardians is sourced from the guardians on the Lorain Carnegie bridge. They were hand carved by the Italians in the little Italy area of Cleveland.
I believe they are guarding the traffic over the bridge.

I don’t really like it.
I personally like the name. Also keep in mind. The "Indians" is not the franchise original name? It was their 4th. The name before Indians was the "Naps" Now that's a bad name. "Naps?" I'm sure it had other meaning. But today? A little weak.

why don't we change all the names in our history rename our military branches to or any other organizations **** call them pencil dicks , **** they already want change our flag that we fought for ,next they will want a new National Anthem like 69 said sign signs every where

Last edited:
Baseball was losing Fans before this woke crap, more fans will leave.
Quoting .....
Yogi Berra said, “The future ain’t what it used to be.”​

didn't someone coin Cleveland as the mistake on the lake they could of called them the Cleveland mistakes

Baseball was losing Fans before this woke crap, more fans will leave.
Quoting .....
Yogi Berra said, “The future ain’t what it used to be.”​
All sports has been losing fan base. But baseball has been gaining base in other countries. I don't believe we will see it pass Soccer as the global sport? But it is gaining market value.

didn't someone coin Cleveland as the mistake on the lake they could of called them the Cleveland mistakes
I’ve been in Cleveland and heard that!
Don’t know where and actually why it originated though.

Remember new York is the apple and clevelad the plum

How about changing the name to the Cleveland Cleavers with a picture of one on the shirt? LOL, otherwise maybe the Cleveland Cleavites or better yet: The Cleveland Cleavage with low cut shirts, LOL!
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back