• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clock

Coronet 14

Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
When I took my dash apart the clock wire was unpluged. Did some checking and the wire that was disconnected was the ground wire. I put the test light on the clock and the clock light works. When I connect the wire to the clock and check the it with test light the test light lights up. The clock still does not work. Is there something I'm missing or is clock bad Where would would I get one Thanks

016.JPG

x2 like Photon said.

90% of the time all the clock needs is a little WD40 in the right places (that means carefully take it apart and only spray the winding mechanism). While you are there you can clean the contacts too.

I got mine running and it is not very accurate! Supposedly over time they self adjust as you keep fixing the time. If you want it accurate, I would go for a quartz replacement.

The clock is apart the bottom point contact is burnt off. The contacts won't even touch each other There is also a plastic gear that isn't pinned to anything

Last edited:
I replaced my original movement with a quartz movement and it works great. It looks completely original from the face side.

Ordered quartz conversion. People want a reduclious ammount of money on Fleabay for these clocks

Last edited:
mmm something I don't understand... did you mean you found a ground wire ? I can't recall a ground wire on harness anywhere

wire what should feed this must be as far I recall gray.

To check the clock, ground the chassis and give 12 volts source to the prong... will heard a click what if you unplug the source will remain working the clock for a minute or so... then will need a new 12 volts impulse to keep working.

Clock is mechanical, not electric... Power is just to wind the springs ( with a short in a points setup ) in it and make to work the mechanicals.

of course if you already took it appart and found burnt the points thats the problem LOL

just in case, here one what stated to be in working conditions:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/mopar-clock...Charger|Year:1974&hash=item258b0fc5af&vxp=mtr

The red power wire going to the voltage reducer on the guages has power. When I would put touch it to the clock frame with my test light the clock light would light up. When I would hook my test light to ground and touch the grey wire the test light wouldn't light up. But if I would hookup my test light to power and touch the grey wire it would light up. So I was assuming the grey wire was ground. Somebody was in the dash way before me grey wire had tape on it said clock but wasn't connected

Never spray wd40 in your clock it may run for a few but the lube ends up ruining the clock movement. as you saw the contact points were burned that is the most common issue and unless there is enough to save switching to the quartz is the best solution. I have done this twice now on non standard clocks, getting pretty good at it too.

The quartz conversion in mine is still going strong. When you get the kit be careful and follow the directions closely it is very easy to do. Be careful with the adjustment handle and new gear as it is not as solid as the original and will strip out if you put too much force on it. Also just a heads up most stems or chrome adjustment knob / handle whatever you want to call it get old and stripped, they are very cheap right now and this is a perfect time to replace them. O n fleabay for around $10

I know you are talking about 71-74 clocks but they are the same except size / shape just sharing a little lesson learned. Good luck!

20131025_164524_zpsa9a49a1e.jpg

20140201_090040.jpg

Where did you get the white face clock from It will go good with my cluster

white gauges sells the kit, however it seems not the clock face, just the blank space. I asked through the ebay store if they make the clock.

about your clock/wires testing... really don't know what you meant. Clock gets negative from chassis and positive from light gray wire ( is the one attached to the used clock being sold on ebay I posted ). Nothing more, nothing less

any one out there got a 62 dart dash clock?

white gauges sells the kit, however it seems not the clock face, just the blank space. I asked through the ebay store if they make the clock.

about your clock/wires testing... really don't know what you meant. Clock gets negative from chassis and positive from light gray wire ( is the one attached to the used clock being sold on ebay I posted ). Nothing more, nothing less

got an answer from them:

Hello nachobay,

Yes, the clock will come with the kit when you place an order. We apologize, we have not update the records to show the picture of the clock in eBay, but you will receive it.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thank you and have a great day!

--
Amie Bergstrom
www.whitegauges.net
4740 So. Riverside Dr.
Murray, UT 84123
Questions: 1-801-265-1100
Orders: 1-866-935-6200

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40067926702...m=&sspagename=ADME:X:eRTM:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

Auto Transport Service
Back