• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch not disengaging

This bearing is not shimmed. You spin it on the input shaft and it moves in or out.
Here is a video. I see what you are saying on changing the adjustment. On mine which is different there is a shim used if the measurement is incorrect. Yours is nice being adjustable. My question is did you measure from the face of the bell and to the clutch fingers. Then did you measure from the bearing face to the transmission case face?

Here is one with shims. Not relevant but has some information.

I think you are wrong. Not seeing your bearing on the bench it is hard to give you exact information. Did you measure like the instructions say?
There's really no measuring. You install the trans with the bearing on the input shaft flush to the bearing retainer then spin it up to the fingers until you have around an eighth of an inch. All this **** goes out the window when you put the clutch in backwards. Yes, indeed, that's what I did. Just got it all put back together and the rear end stops turning when you depress the clutch pedal. Imagine that. Thanks pnora for the input but there's no cure/help/advice for stupid!

There's really no measuring. You install the trans with the bearing on the input shaft flush to the bearing retainer then spin it up to the fingers until you have around an eighth of an inch. All this **** goes out the window when you put the clutch in backwards. Yes, indeed, that's what I did. Just got it all put back together and the rear end stops turning when you depress the clutch pedal. Imagine that. Thanks pnora for the input but there's no cure/help/advice for stupid!
At least you figured it out

Auto Transport Service
Back