• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch Pedal Rattles

Rockett

Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
The rod to my clutch pedal rattles loudly on the knob that it's attached to. I was thinking maybe I needed to put some washers on it (metal, plastic, or rubber?) to snug it up.

But here's how I reattached the retaining collar, and it's snug now. See the photo... Is this correct or incorrect?? (previously, only one side of the retaining clip was slipped under the "flat" & the whole thing rattled)
IMG_1715_LI.jpg

(*both* sides of the retaining clip now under the "flat" of the peg)

Seems a bit precarious, because the opposing "legs" of the retainer clip aren't the same... (one's got more "wrap around" to it than the other)......
IMG_1711_LI (2).jpg

Those narrower legs (red) can pop out from under the lip of the knob, too easily, IMO.

That’s the way it should be, maybe clip is worn or tension going away.

There should be a plastic washer between the pedal attach "peg" and the throw out rod.
A *washer* between the pedal lever & the rod? (not a collar/bearing on the peg part, right?) I think I understand.

However, not much room now... *thin* plastic washer, I guess.

But, .... I've got the retaining clip on there correctly now?
:thumbsup:

There should be a plastic washer between the pedal attach "peg" and the throw out rod.
Seems like that's the way I remember seeing them.....thin plastic washer probably made of something like Teflon. Been probably 40 years since I parted a stick car.....

Auto Transport Service
Back