• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch/Pressure plate for street/strip

robinsonwr

Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
Guys I just bought a hemi 4-speed or 18 spline A833. What type of flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate should I run? The transmission came with a Hurst Super Shifter. Does Hurst make an installation kit for this shifter to fit a 66-70 B-body? I am thinking a Lakewood bell housing would be OK, right? I could not pass up for $500.00.
View attachment 191358View attachment 191359View attachment 191360

I run a Centerforce Dual-Friction in my Challenger. 100's of strip passes, light pedal, never shudders or slips. Best clutch I've ever used. Shifts well also. Car runs 12.50@110, probably 450hp.
Doug

I run a Centerforce Dual-Friction in my Challenger. 100's of strip passes, light pedal, never shudders or slips. Best clutch I've ever used. Shifts well also. Car runs 12.50@110, probably 450hp.
Doug

I run the same one. great clutch for the money.

for the flywheel I have an aluminum one with a steel center and a ram 10.5 twin disc set up. Not sure how much HP you are making but that is what you should go off of to find what clutch will work best for you. I a not sure what car you have but that shifter bracket looks wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this pic helps,, this is the set up for a 69 runner.. getting drunk now so having a tough time with pics.. lol

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh179/hemi67s/DSC_0101-1.jpg

Well when i had a 4-speed i had a local co build me a Custom pressure plate and i ran the Street Slayer Clutch from American powertrain in Nashville tn it never slipped again period. Call them and ask question they where very helpful..
American Powertrain
2199 Summerfield Rd
Cookeville, TN 38501
1-931-646-4836

The Super Shifter is not a direct fit shifter, the Competition Plus is. Hemi67s picture shows the plus model and will fit his tunnel.

there are allot of good clutch mfgrs out there depending on what you have & what you expect,
applications can vary as much as the different mfgrs can/will

here's a few Mfgr's names;
all have a various different types of selections,
from mild street car to full on race clutches

McCleod
Hays
Zoom
Centerforce
10,000rpm
Clutchmasters
Phoenix Friction Products
Crower