• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CNC machined brake linkage due to low brake pedal after power brake conversion

LowlySatellite

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
After making an adjustable mock up tool (previous post of mine), I developed a STP file and had a linkage machined made on a CNC mill.

7DA83DE4-0AA2-4623-A753-4FF568CE8204.jpeg

Since you added the groove you probably should add the spring thats supposed to ride in the groove...

Since you added the groove you probably should add the spring thats supposed to ride in the groove...
It's been my understanding that the spring that rides in that groove was only there on stick shift cars. But, I'm not 100% sure on that. Is the spring just an "anti-rattle" type thing?

Spring should be there on all cars... I've owned both manual & auto trans cars that had the spring... My guess is it's to prevent rattles but since I've never had one rattle I'd like to believe it has some other purpose...

Spring should be there on all cars... I've owned both manual & auto trans cars that had the spring... My guess is it's to prevent rattles but since I've never had one rattle I'd like to believe it has some other purpose...
Gotcha. With all the other noises going on when I drive my junk, hearing a tiny brake pedal linkage "rattle" is way down on my priority list. LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back