• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coffee Anyone?

4vnut

Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
I love my coffee and wish I would have known about this when I had my VW bug. Seems like a good idea at the time however I have never seen one in person.
Maybe it was offered in Germany only?

VW coffee maker.jpg

In the late 70's I discovered an unknown accessory in my 66 baja bug. If you pull out the button that activates the windshield washer that is located in the center of the wiper knob, it has a 3 or 4 inch long metal rod that makes a perfect bong poker. I also pulled the locking mechanism out of the parking brake so I could use it as a steering brake. I'd put a stick across the two front seats to hold it up when I needed a parking brake. I wasn't into coffee at the time but that is pretty cool!

Back when, it was ashtrays, more ashtrays for every passenger. How many today will permit smoking riders in your ride? lol
I installed a modified center console in my '63 that provided for two cup holders, couple gauges, and more stowage space. The original console had two - ashtrays. After this - I only have 3 ashtrays left.

Coffee - I can't cope without it. That is a cool option in the VW!

Level of difficulty in brewing, pouring, and drinking the cup? 9.5

Auto Transport Service
Back