• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cold Case 26" Radiator

Bird 426

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
My recently purchased Hemi clone '69 Road Runner has a Champion 26" radiator, won't really accept a fan shroud, stock one anyway. Actually, the radiator doesn't fit well either. Anyone using a Cold Case with a stock fan shroud? Changing from a fixed fan to clutch drive fan. I have the fan and a Hayden #2947.
Reason I am asking, on my small block Dart, I had to use the cast iron water pump, it's 3/4" shorter than the '70 and up aluminum, had to get the correct year radiator. It all worked out fine. Do big blocks in B body's have the same clearance problems?

All our 26" radiators accept the factory fan shroud but require new holes drilled.

It would be very difficult to use a clutch and fan with a big radiator in your Dart. You should have plenty of clearance available on your B body though.

I currently have a Wizard in my 70 B-body, fits perfectly and the stock shroud fits perfectly. Just used the shorter Hayden clutch. Cooling performance fine. No drilling or modification was necessary. ( Had a champion beforehand, piece of junk )

Okay, thank you for answering. Got a little more investigating to do.
Thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back