• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collaterol Damage

You mean in this foto?
yes, I guess it's the shadow that made it look cracked or something, thank God it's not lol. I will say though, I have always done my own front end rebuilds with very little hassle, it's a great feeling knowing exactly how everything went back together nice and tight and done correctly. I even do my own alignments in my driveway without any special equipment. if I were you , and as mentioned, I would start on one side and work your way around checking every nut and bolt . I read your posts so I know you are definitely more than capable of rebuilding a front end !!

The votes are all in, I will undertake the task of inspecting, re-learning, and re-doing everything in the front end. That is, after I let it sit awhile and regain my composure. It's times like this that FBBO brothers are appreciated the most! Thank you.

I'll toss in a little side note. Strut rods are not tight enough.

Just going off my (bad) memory, it will be in the book. Back end of the rods are straight torque down into the LCAs. Rubber bushing ends, can't be torqued, because the nut on that end is self-locking. Normally, I tighten those front nuts, until the bushings are squeezed down, to the same diameter of the steel cup washers. Takes that to lock it down. Hope they put the bushings in right...

Auto Transport Service
Back