• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color or Roadrunner horn?

My comment of a lessor model was exactly what it said, something lessor than a Roadrunner which to me means something "other" than a Roadrunner. Not slamming anything else. maybe it was a poor choice of words but in the context of the subject matter i believe it was appropriate for describing how one might have bought and used the horn back in the day and what the factory would have installed it on. In other words, the factory didn't see "other" cars (or something LESS than a RR) worthy of the use of the horn.

All this fuss over the use of the word "lessor".... I thinks ya meant lesser, as lessor means landlord. Regardless of that, I wasn't insulted, I knew what you meant. After all, Plymouth did get the name from a '67 Dodge Coronet R/T ad. :tongueflap:

Thanks for the clarification Frog...............

Just to clear up Definition of lesser:

less·er (lsr)
adj. A comparative of little.
1. Smaller in amount, value, or importance, especially in a comparison between two things: chose the lesser evil.
2. Of a smaller size than other, similar forms: the lesser anteater.
adv. A comparative of little.
Less. Used before a participle: a lesser-known writer.
n.
One that is lower in importance, rank, magnitude, or degree:

:hijacked: Sorry for sidetracking your thread Aussie...

Any luck with finding a paint code or color name for your horn?

:hijacked: Sorry for sidetracking your thread Aussie...

Any luck with finding a paint code or color name for your horn?

Don't apologise cobber, nothing us Aussies love more than stirring up a poo fight and then running off to watch the fireworks from a safe distance. Wish I had more popcorn!:yes:

I didn't find a paint code but I got some paint mixed up that looks pretty close. I'll find out this weekend when I paint the horn and put it on my superior Coronet....might make it sound better.:rolling:

(insert sounds of a bloke running off into the distance)

Totally understand Plymouth's reasoning behind not mass producing the horn in other models, obviously for the marketing stratagy to be effective, the horn's, sticker's, and hoopl-la of the whole car had to be exclusive to that one model line. I also understand people back in the day leaving the horn where it belongs, in a roadrunner. It's an element true to the car. What I don't understand 696pack is what type of cars you consider "lessor"? A Coronet? Tribute/Clone? It's really just a bit tough to swallow the idea you're not belittling other product lines when you call them a "lessor model", that's all.

Is it alright to put this one to bed now? How much time do we want to waste over a horn and a sidetracked comment? You've been here a long time and i've always respected your opinions on other posts and threads. You and I just don't meet in the middle on this one.

dodge was a lesser model to plymouth. So I understand. DeSoto was top of the line, chrysler was next, plymouth was after that, and dodge was at the bottom. "working class mopar". It's the same with all of the big three. There was lincoln on top, mercury in the middle and ford on bottom. cadillac on top, then olds, then pontiac, then chevy, for GM. I'ts not saying your dodge is junk it was just marketed as a lesser model in the day. IE it costed less. get over it.

dodge was a lesser model to plymouth. So I understand. DeSoto was top of the line, chrysler was next, plymouth was after that, and dodge was at the bottom. "working class mopar". It's the same with all of the big three. There was lincoln on top, mercury in the middle and ford on bottom. cadillac on top, then olds, then pontiac, then chevy, for GM. I'ts not saying your dodge is junk it was just marketed as a lesser model in the day. IE it costed less. get over it.

Take a look at the date on the post's slick........ As far as "getting over it", I respectfully agreed to disagree with 696 almost a year ago.......And I don't think your piss poor attitude is going to change my opinion now...

Why don't you quite wasting time trying to stir a pot and post something productive? Geezus.....

I don't know where you got that info but it is totally backwards. Plymouth was always considered the ECONOMY line of the Chrysler Corp. As the years went on the gap narrowed in the pricing of the Plymouth and the Dodge line because as with other auto companies the dealers wanted competing models just like Ford and Mercury did as well as GMs lines.

Regardless of all of this I stand by my original comments about Plymouth whoring out the horn to a lesser model. Meaning ANYTHING less than a Roadrunner that the horn BELONGED on due to it's name. I don't care if you are speaking of an Imperial or a Valiant. It had nothing to do with belittling any other car line Mopar or anything else. DO you guys get it????

Look, here's the skinny 696Pack.......It's obvious that the wording is all a matter of interpretation. You stand by your wording and I still stand with my view. Either way, I really couldn't care anymore. Looking back i'm susprised I wasted any time debating the word and real suprised i'm wasting more time almost a year later. Since Captain Archives decided to drop by the dead horse and bless us with his bountiful wealth of backwards information as well as hand carve a middle finger for me, a gallant retort in such to reflect his glowing positive aura was needed. So, with that said..another 1.2 minutes of my life drained on this subject. Anymore time wasted, i'm gonna start asking for a freakin refund!!

testers used to make a 3 dollar can of light purple model paint that is spot on the correct color , they discontinued it but most hobby stores still have it on the shelfs . and dark green cars suck:tongue:

Last edited:
I had a can made up that is so close that I can't pick the difference.

The paint guy told me he used a Hyundai color called Pervinca.
Heres all the codes off the can if it helps any;

FCS
Pervinca
G0607
L400
VS: 3
EUR Basecoat

It may mean nothing to you as our system could be different but maybe it will get you close. I paid $30 for a tin and I reckon I could do 30+ horns with it.

Mine appears to never have been painted and is gray, even under the original sticker, 69 roadrunner.

testers used to make a 3 dollar can of light purple model paint that is spot on the correct color , they discontinued it but most hobby stores still have it on the shelfs .

Stuie is right Testors No. 1234 Gloss Purple.

vbpicgallery.php

Auto Transport Service
Back