• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color survey

What blue do you think

• Pale Blue Poly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EdwardB

Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
Starting to tear down my recent 68 Road Runner project and removed my K member this week. I bumped the undercoating in the wheel well and snapped a pic of the paint. The vin tag in the engine bay was missing when I bought the car and I had thought it was originally Pale Blue Poly. Take a look at this pic and tell me if my eyes are seeing Light Blue Poly. The paint looks in really well preserved condition under the undercoat in the pic. Thanks Mopar enthusiasts in advance. Some day I will learn to tilt my phone for pics

tempImage8CyRd0.png

Looks like DD1 mist blue poly to me.
You need to get a 68 chip chart and put it side by side with your color.
Online is hard to judge , 68 has a few light blue belvedere colors available.

Looks like DD1 mist blue poly to me.
You need to get a 68 chip chart and put it side by side with your color.
Online is hard to judge , 68 has a few light blue belvedere colors available.
agree, the online color charts have me going in circles.

DD-1? Or maybe that Hawaiian blue 22-1?

1675548852206.jpeg

would it have been possible for a customer to have special ordered the Hawaiian blue on a Road Runner for 1968? I don't see that color otherwise offered on a Road Runner. The rest of the car is in primer and I've hand sanded through to some light blue but really hard to tell

Says it was a spring color, so second 1/2 of the production year I would assume. Can't say I ever saw one that color, but it sure looks close to what you have.

Looks like Hawaiian Blue, and mid year Plymouth color not offered at all on Dodge or Chrysler. Never seen Hawaiian Blue on an A or B body, but not uncommon on the 1968 Furys.

I like the Hawaiian Blue color but it doesn't seem to be to be a very aggressive color for a performance vehicle. I'd like to bring this car back to where it began. I have the original 383 and original A833. The reared is a Mopar Dana 60 with a 4.10-not sure where that came from but I'll never break it and it has the correct dimensions for a 68

Last edited:
I like the Hawaiian Blue color but it doesn't seem to be to be a very aggressive color for a performance vehicle. I'd like to bring this car back to where it began. I have the original 383 and original A833. The reared is a Mopar Dana 60 with a 4.10-not sure where that came from but I'll never break it and it has the correct dimensions for a 68
Check the bottom of the package shelf.

Hawaiian blue looks close. Kinda looks like 1969 Dodge Sportsman ”Light Blue” when I put this swatch up to your picture on the screen. Anything is possible with Ma Mopar.

69906379-5613-4D54-8891-FB9B28B532BB.jpeg
2EABFDFF-C299-45F9-88BB-54C589FB1E3F.jpeg
0ED111A9-A5B4-46AB-811D-CA89054F56A7.jpeg
20E90756-7822-44D1-A594-58D22CD86231.jpeg
4CCC6727-98DD-4F6A-9346-0A49DC72F9B1.jpeg

Says it was a spring color, so second 1/2 of the production year I would assume. Can't say I ever saw one that color, but it sure looks close to what you have.
That adds up as the shifter has the Hurst script on it. I have learned that the Hurst shifters came into the picture later in the 68 production year

Hawaiian blue looks close. Kinda looks like 1969 Dodge Sportsman ”Light Blue” when I put this swatch up to your picture on the screen. Anything is possible with Ma Mopar.

View attachment 1413046View attachment 1413047View attachment 1413048View attachment 1413049View attachment 1413050
I agree that the 69 light blue is a real close match from your pic. Thanks for sharing those. There's a recommendation to look under the package tray, sounds like a great idea.

The vin tag in the engine bay was missing

Fender tag. VIN tag is on the dash. But you are correct. Paint code would be on the fender tag. Have you found a broadcast sheet perhaps? Paint code would be on there also. Located in the springs underneath rear seat usually.

Example...

DSC04446.JPG

My favorite color back in the day......
rl2.jpg

was at the drag strip.....:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back