• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

colored headlights

I have two yellow ones..not painted but as from the dealer...if interested PM me with an offer

Done.....
IMG_0757.JPG

From what I've heard colored lights were done as to not interfere with cars racing toward the finish line from cars coming back up the return road.
Here's a pic of mine. Testors Candy Apple Red several coats

IMG_1910.JPG

Just like actionange1... I used Testor's transparent model paint.

.Satellite4.jpg

It was one of the first things I did to mine after I got it, always wanted to do it, and I do drive mine at night and they don't inhibit visibility when they're on, but off mostly since they are high beams and don't usually drive with all 4 on... yet....

Doing an h4/hid conversion soon and converting a relay harness to allow all 4 on at once, with Halos, the whole bit...

As far as legality goes, I haven't been hassled yet.

20160831_111035.jpg

I raced max wedges from 1963 to 1965 and a funny car after that....I was racing during all of the 1960's plus I was in the Speed Shop Business during the 1960's and NO ONE had colored head lights then. FACT
u must not have a very good memory, many of the Sox-Martin cars had blue headlights.

thats the best kind of of answer. i love when some ones been there vs speculation. thanks. then i wonder were the hell it came from. any one ever drive at night with colored lights it SUCKS... so frankly i dont get it. i dont know why more people dont swap to dual beam outer lights, and convert the inner lights into ram air intakes. take some old school velocity stacks the right diameter, polished up with a chrome mesh cover and at first glance you wouldnt know they werent headlights. just like the old fairlane thunderbolts. now thats a headlight mod i can get behind...
That is what I am doing to my 64 Dodge Nostalgia street and strip, but mine will be functional..Rather surprised thay my outside high and low beams put out enough light to see well at nigth...........................MO

Is that a fairly recent pic Tom?
It's been a while since seeing your son but if he stood up he looks TALL...
Hope all is well
Ange
Hi Ange. Yes. It was last year. He's almost 15. Not too tall though. He's about 5'7" tall. Takes after his Mom...who's not fully grown yet: )

Hi Ange. Yes. It was last year. He's almost 15. Not too tall though. He's about 5'7" tall. Takes after his Mom...who's not fully grown yet: )

He's as tall as me...
He will get taller I'm sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back