• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comet Neowise

My wife took this one Saturday night.

110318733_10221221632804654_6190879013411166974_o.jpg

only a week left and Neowise will begone for another 7000 years nice to see something other than all this bad going on in the world

only a week left and Neowise will begone for another 7000 years nice to see something other than all this bad going on in the world
Smiley Amen Brother Hulk Hogan.jpg

I still haven't seen it

Saw it just now. Had to pile the wife into the car and drive her down the road to the neighbors hay field entrance where we parked on the grass and got out where we could see the sky in that direction. We have huge trees in our way in the yard. So, yeah, saw it clearly. Smudge of white tail like a brush stroke with a light in front heading down and towards the west below the big dipper. Very cool, my first comet. I'll be here to check it out again in 6800 years..lol!

Took a couple of shots this evening. Was hoping to do some storm photos, but this was pretty good!
IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3331.JPG

Tried last night. Too cloudy.

Is it closer the farther North you are?
Since it will be about 164 million miles away from here at its closest point I don't think where you stand on Earth will make much difference to its size!
I've seen it twice in the last week....but its been just a bit too hazy each time to get a sharp pic.

I saw it from 6000 feet up in the Sierras on Sat nite. Beautiful. I remember watching Haley's comet from the valley floor in Yosemite when it passed by in the 90's. THAT was spectacular! This one is pretty cool too but not as bright.

I too saw it last night. Had to use binoculars to confirm it was the comet and not a faint star. I was surprised that it was so faint as pervious ones I had seen were clearly visible.

Comet Neowise South-Central Washington State Gifford Pinchot National Forest
20200719180114-be1bf420-me.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back