• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Compressor mounting location

Dakar Timm

Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
I'm currently using a vertical compressor that on the garage floor . It is piped into the garage attic , I have (2) 40 gallon receiver tanks .
Behind the garage ,perhaps 30' is our barn . This is where the Coronet is kept when not in use. I was thinking of mounting a newly acquired 150 gallon air tank in the back of the garage and mounted a yet to be bought compressor in the attic . My thinking is that the attic is hotter and dryer than the air in the garage or barn . The concrete seems to hold a lot of cold far into the summer . Eventually I'll run an airline out to the barn and use the space where the coronet is stored as a paint booth . Having the compressor in the attic means I can insulate the compressor for noise . Opinions ?

Just as long as the compressor in in a conditioned space. You don't want
your compressor starting when it's -20F in the winter.

Oh, and if the air receiver tanks are allowed to freeze, you'll never be able to drain the water.

Auto Transport Service
Back