• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Concern over "New" 68-70 B-body motor mounts from China....

Nope. He got mounts from NAPA.
"The NAPA "DriveTech" Rubber mounts fit perfectly.
So, to sum it up, 440 Source is using inferior rubber isolator mounts." For anybody using the crap chinese mounts, use a secondary strap or cable. Save your radiator.
Maybe go back and read the entire thread.

It's difficult to read a vernier when you can be blind-folded with dental floss. :poke:
Say "vernier" next time you're in a parts store and watch the blank expressions.
:rofl:

Maybe go back and read the entire thread.
This is what I read :
"The NAPA "DriveTech" Rubber mounts fit perfectly.
So, to sum it up, 440 Source is using inferior rubber isolator mounts.
They simply do not align with Hardware.
NAPA is perfect! "

I appreciate you posting this because I've run into the same issue and didn't know if I had a bad part or the wrong part since my Charger has a 440 motor (origin unknown) instead of the original 383.

The new mounts I purchased from a vendor at Carlisle turn out to be Westar part #EM-2250 and I found the locating dimple to be about 1/4" shifted out of position towards the mounting bolt.

I'll need to take my original bracket to Napa and Carquest to compare to parts they have - but glad to know others have run into this same issue. Posting a few photos to illustrate the issue for anyone else doing this repair here: NEW MOTOR MOUNTS

Last edited:
My son got some from Rock Auto, I think they were made in Korea. They were off a little, but the studs were way too long pushing against the block, and just keeping them not comfortable to settle on the K frame. Trimmed the studs down and they fit well.

All these mounts last approximately 1 year b4 they start sagging. Then they rip apart. We need better than that. Need to use some kind of safety strap or cable. My experience anyways. Kim

All these mounts last approximately 1 year b4 they start sagging. Then they rip apart. We need better than that. Need to use some kind of safety strap or cable. My experience anyways. Kim
If I could go back and get brand new mounts from the dealer I would still strap or chain the driver's side.

For those interested, here are the differences between the new mounts we are coming out with soon (Should have them in stock in about 4-6 weeks) and the ones currently on the market. The new part number will be "2250HEAVY" and they will likely be $29.95 each.

2250heavy1.jpg

2250heavy2.jpg

2250heavy3.jpg

2250heavy4.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back