• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Confused...wiring question

nutz4spd

Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
I've been poking around my car for a while now and learning about it since it's a new to me vehicle. I was digging around the driver's side kick panel and found where someone has spliced in the wiring for the backup lights. Not sure if the car was originally a standard or automatic, but it now has a 4 speed. So I started checking the wires and there is a blue wire in the connector that has power when the key is on but it blinks. Almost like it's for a turn signal or hazard lights. The turn signals work fine and don't seem to be affect. I noticed this blue wire seems to run into the harness that goes to the back of the car. The only blue wire I can find back there is for the fuel sending unit. Anyone know what this goes to? Better yet, does anyone know where I could find wiring schematics for this car?

Untitled video - Made with Clipchamp (1).gif

If that's the fuel sender wire, I think it should blink from the pulsing dash voltage regulator.
Somewhere around 5v

Blue wire going to the back of the car is your fuel sender wire. It will blink. Agree with above. In a 69 the wire for the reverse lights is violet going to the rear of the car. It should go through the kick panel harness. I believe on a 64 the wire is white for the reverse lights.

64BelvedereFurySavoyA.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back