• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congrats to Ford

You obviously haven't driven a 2018 model with the track pak. Put a cork in your *** cause you're going to need one. These cars stick to the road at any speed and it's only above 130 mph that your brain emits the sensation of fear. Praise be to the engineers for the "Coyote" power plant.
I bought one January of 2011. Driving to my future wife's apartment on the Pennsy turnpike, there is a slightly downhill stretch that is arrow straight for about 3 miles. Yeah, I broke the law one night. After I saw 140 I said enough is enough. So serene and quiet inside even with a chambered exhaust.

I confess, I have a 2003 v6 daily driver. It needs new ball joints and cosmetics but still going at 150k.

Ford kept the fire burning for decades while Chrysler and GM stood by.
Also, Ford did well in trans am with the mustang.

Hmm,
Lets see:
1. Grew up in Rhode Island, Family always bought FORDs
2. Sat in the Famous "Mystery 7" (7 second original Funny Car) back in 1966 at the Tasca Dealership
3. Went to school with the "Tasca boys" son's of Bob Tasca, creator of the 428 Cobra Jet engine because FORDs PATHETIC 390 CI engine (S-Code) was being BEATEN on the streets by Chevy 327s
4. Always LOVED NASCAR where FORD was a dominant player (Wing Warriors can thank the Torino & Talladega, Merc Cyclone Spoilers for dominance in 1968 & 1969)
5. Bought my "first" Shelby GT500 in Dec 2006 (2007 model) inly has 200 m lies on it.
6. Bought my 2nd (sold it) in 2008
7. Currently have in a CONEX waiting for restoration a 1965 GT Convertible, Mustang, 4-speed, AC car, electric top, Saddle gage set up with Original "Shelby wood steering wheel" (a $20 option)
Yup, grew up with FERDS fellows, BUT I LOVE MOPARS

Being around & working on all sorts of brand cars over the years, I'm not a "hater" of other domestic brands. Owned various Mopar, GM, and Ford vehicles, liked them all. My favorite Ford ? A 1969 Mach 1. Congrats to Ford for producing a great car & a great legacy.

I never seen a whole mustang. Only the front grille - cause they’ve always been in my rear view mirror.....lol

Screenshot_20180403-124702.jpg

I wouldn't kick a GT-40 or a first gen GT out of bed. Don't care for the current EVO GT.
Had an 88 5.0 HO LX Mustang that was fun, handled well but the brakes were mediocre & construction of car was tinny, flimsy & really soft on fit & finish.

I wouldn't kick a GT-40 or a first gen GT out of bed. Don't care for the current EVO GT.
Had an 88 5.0 HO LX Mustang that was fun, handled well but the brakes were mediocre & construction of car was tinny, flimsy & really soft on fit & finish.
When you compare a 1st gen Mustang with any A body Mopar for tinny/flimsy construction.....the A body wins hands down imo.

10,000,000 of them, hell they should be cheap & easy to find

Ford was great in Nascar,
but they don't race Mustangs in Nascar
(they do an assimilation of it, in the Infinity series)
Parnelli Jones won the 1969 Trans Am series in the Boss 302

I do like the 69-70 Boss 302 & Boss 429 cars
69-70 Mach 1 are all pretty cool, 67-68 Sport roof
I hate the coupes personally (secretary's/chick's car)
the newer 2007 & later GT350 or GT500 are new era muscle

an old GT-40, a 2005-06 Ford GT or the newest version,
an AC Cobra or Daytona Coupe Cobra
would do nicely too, if I was a gizillionaire

'what is it about a secretary's car, that's so appealing ?' :bananadance:
{Carroll Shelby quote}

Last edited:
I’ve always been a fan of the Boss series. Sure wouldn’t mind having a Boss 429. Badass car. Very rare. Only car that I ever lost to street racing back in the day. But only by a fender and he had slicks on......

I’ve always been a fan of the Boss series. Sure wouldn’t mind having a Boss 429. Badass car. Very rare. Only car that I ever lost to street racing back in the day. But only by a fender and he had slicks on......
You were running your GTX against him? What were you running with it back then?

You were running your GTX against him? What were you running with it back then?
Yes it was my GTX and not as built as it is today. Back then I had a mostly stock 440 with a mild cam and the six pack set up and running for carbs. That car really roared before I did all I’ve done to it. The Boss was bad but he didn’t have me by much!

10,000,000 of them, hell they should be cheap & easy to find

Ford was great in Nascar,
but they don't race Mustangs in Nascar
(they do an assimilation of it, in the Infinity series)
Parnelli Jones won the 1969 Trans Am series in the Boss 302

I do like the 69-70 Boss 302 & Boss 429 cars
69-70 Mach 1 are all pretty cool, 67-68 Sport roof
I hate the coupes personally (secretary's/chick's car)
the newer 2007 & later GT350 or GT500 are new era muscle

an old GT-40, a 2005-06 Ford GT or the newest version,
an AC Cobra or Daytona Coupe Cobra
would do nicely too, if I was a gizillionaire

'what is it about a secretary's car, that's so appealing ?' :bananadance:
{Carroll Shelby quote}

Great points Budnicks....
Ya Know?

It's ALL in the TIMING!
Right "look" at the right Time!
I was a kid, I loved it.
But I was always looking at the 1963 Pontiac Catalinas and the 1964 & 1965 GTOs ALONG with ...wait for it...
The 1963 Corvette coupe (Split Windows)
I thought they were so cool looking.

At the time.

Ha Ha
Now I love the UGLY (I've heard them called that right here on the Forum) 1970 Superbees and the 1970 Coronet R/Ts

Auto Transport Service
Back