• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congrats to Ford

Great points Budnicks....
Ya Know?

It's ALL in the TIMING!
Right "look" at the right Time!
I was a kid, I loved it.
But I was always looking at the 1963 Pontiac Catalinas and the 1964 & 1965 GTOs ALONG with ...wait for it...
The 1963 Corvette coupe (Split Windows)
I thought they were so cool looking.

At the time.

Ha Ha
Now I love the UGLY (I've heard them called that right here on the Forum) 1970 Superbees and the 1970 Coronet R/Ts
I really liked the 63 split window and still do and like all of the ones in that style body.

It took 23 months for the first millionth Mustang...things must be slowing down over there. :)
But seriously, congrats to Ford for that. Even if you include the original 70's figures, the Challenger still hasn't sold its first million.

I have never owned a Ford. That's quite an accomplishment. Anyway, back in the day:

378e718e-9012-43db-abfd-ee43da46ea9c-Ford-Mustang-013.jpeg

Donald Frey, Lee Iacocca and Henry Ford II at the New York World's Fair first anniversary of the Mustang on April 15, 1965.

You realize that the first 65' to 68' Mustangs were just Falons in drag? Great stying but.......

You realize that the first 65' to 68' Mustangs were just Falons in drag? Great stying but.......

But yes.
It should not detract from the notion they are "bad cars"
Gee, how many were sold?
2+ Million 64.5, 65s and 66s?

I have a Barn Find in a Conex of mine
Specifics:
1. GT
2. 4-speed
3. Convertible
4. 289 CI, 225 HP "A-code"
5. AC
6. Saddle Gages
7. Pony interior
8. Electric top

Knock em' all you want.
But many still appreciate the design.
As I mentioned in Post #39, "it was the right timing for the car"

"We all know it was not a serious contender, at the time"
Just the Right Car at the Right Time.

As Carroll Shelby proved, some reinforcements/ Solid Lifter engine, suspension and a slight diet, it dominated SCCA.

Yup, initial were built on the Falcon chassis Auggie56

Excellent Point!

It took 23 months for the first millionth Mustang...things must be slowing down over there. :)
But seriously, congrats to Ford for that. Even if you include the original 70's figures, the Challenger still hasn't sold its first million.

And on that Note:
The original Challenger to this day is Freaking Gorgeous
I had a 70 Go-Mango, SE/RT Black vinyl top
Still haunts me to this day!

I missed this Brittany Blue 4-speed in Scottsdale AZ, April 2012
Went back a week later and it was gone.

Yup, I was going to FLIP

P1010033.JPG

My 65 GT Barn Find
You will notice the Auto trans BUT, the 2nd owner had it converted to Auto for his wife, Here at Edwards AFB, she drove it every day to and from EAFB for work, 25 years.
The Steering wheel was a $20 dollar option NEW. (A Shelby Steering wheel!)
It's with money, the Steering wheel.

P1010026.JPG

P1010025.JPG

P1010021.JPG

P1010017.JPG

Yeah... As much as I love to take shots at my ford buddies there are two in front of my house (wife's car and my work truck). Tried to talk her into something Mopar but she got set on a nice lil' ford suv and there was no changing her mind on that one (any of you guys married to Viking gals might know what I'm talking about..:BangHead:)

Driver Returns On Foot, Found On Roadside Dump. Fucked Over Royaly Daily.

But yes.
It should not detract from the notion they are "bad cars"
Gee, how many were sold?
2+ Million 64.5, 65s and 66s?

I have a Barn Find in a Conex of mine
Specifics:
1. GT
2. 4-speed
3. Convertible
4. 289 CI, 225 HP "A-code"
5. AC
6. Saddle Gages
7. Pony interior
8. Electric top

Knock em' all you want.
But many still appreciate the design.
As I mentioned in Post #39, "it was the right timing for the car"

"We all know it was not a serious contender, at the time"
Just the Right Car at the Right Time.

As Carroll Shelby proved, some reinforcements/ Solid Lifter engine, suspension and a slight diet, it dominated SCCA.

Yup, initial were built on the Falcon chassis Auggie56

Excellent Point!

I have been in the trades since 1968 so all this is nothing new to me. But I do appreciate the effort.
charger%20meme_zpsyviev6or.png

Auto Transport Service
Back