• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console Carpet

pnora

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
My 69 Charger was an automatic non-console car. I picked up a used console and brackets. I have welded the brackets and fitted the basic console. Main questions are on the side carpets that attach to the console and the fitment of them. I have the three new carpet pieces. The console had none when I bought it. Does the carpet glue directly to the console? Is there supposed to be a cardboard backer on the carpet or does it glue directly to the console? There is a big difference left to right on the design. Does anyone possible have pictures of a car being assembled with floor carpet in place and the console mounted. Pictures with the seats out would tell me a lot. Thanks.

The carpet does get get glued to the console sides and rear plate.

I have a few pictures . I'll try and post them tomorrow.

I have a 1969 Coronet automatic console. I bought the 3 piece kit and glued it on after removing the stainless trim. I had to trim some of the vinyl on the back piece a there was a lot of extra material. I think I also trimmed the bottom of the drivers side piece.

It may help to locate the hole in the drivers side at the front where the screw goes through the carpet into the mounting bracket if you poke a hole with an awl or other sharp pointed object to align the holes.

1-IMG_20190928_151513976.jpg
2-IMG_20190929_123157706.jpg
3-IMG_20190929_123206225.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back