• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console Top Plates 67 Auto from Vans Auto

69L48Z27

Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased these top plates from Vans Auto? I assume they are PG Classics parts but not sure.

Want to know if I’m going to waste a bunch of money on these and get the typical repop crap that everyone slings these days.

Only other source is see for these is OER but they are on indefinite back order. Never been impressed with anything from OER either.

Thank you!
https://vansauto.com/product/console-top-plate-3pc-automatic-66-68-b-c-body/
DB1AF0B6-59E2-435B-9156-6C6EF083C717.jpeg

I purchased a set of 4-speed plates from Van's. I opened them for inspection and shipping damage but have not used them yet. They look correct but I couldn't say for sure.

Thank you. Are you planning to install them anytime soon?

I'm not sure how soon, as the body is still on the rotisserie and metal work is not complete. I may start assembling some of the subassembies soon, as my body man is slow as molasses. That will speed things up after body & paint. I have a repo console shell but might not use it if I can make the hairline crack on the rear disappear. Herbs Parts interior pain/dye is excellent but the original colored console shells are hard to beat. If my console had been black I'd go with the repo.

I used the Herbs paint to recondition mine. Dark blue. Stuff is really good and it matches the Legendary interior parts very well. Make sure you use an adhesion promoter.
68701631-74C5-41C0-8F5D-1E5A2BD28885.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back