• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convertible Mopar

Larry Chilese

Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
Was wondering about Dodge B body and Plymouth B body Convertibles, as I saw a RoadRunner Convertible.
Are they a desireable option, were they hydraulic or all manual operated. Were any introduced for the Dodge GTx or Charger series-thanks in advance

Hydraulic. Pump with a ram on each side on my 69 anyway.

B bodies were all power tops, E bodies were manual as standard, but could be optioned with a power top. Two hydraulic rams as stated above.

It sounds like you are asking if a b body convertible is a desirable option . I would say it is now , but when they were being sold new, not so much. Production numbers were quite low.

No production convertible Chargers. However, some home-builts have been done. This would be a lot of work. Depending on the car, convertibles can bring more $$$ at sell time.

No production convertible Chargers. However, some home-builts have been done. This would be a lot of work. Depending on the car, convertibles can bring more $$$ at sell time.
No way!

Resized_20201016_175612.jpeg

8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG

They (factory/Dodge) made at least 1
68 the best year of Charger R/T too :poke:

68 Charger Custom Topless Concept #3a color photo.jpg

There is a triple white 69 Roadrunner convertible in purgatory near me. I haven’t seen it in years, but I did see that he had his orange 69 for sale. I asked him about the white car and he said “yea, I need to get on that car, someday”. I’m sure it’s pretty rare.

I sold my 70 Road Runner convertible project two years ago and bought the storage lifts.

20220529_202225.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back