• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cool stuff found in cars during tear down

When tearing down the "Golden Rotisserie Chicken" , I found old style beer tops, gasoline reciepts from the 60's with 35c price. Coins from the 50's and 60's. Assorted screws and clips under the carpet. I assume they were left there during assembly.

Brand new original trunk key under the 526476_507915032580068_115903671_n.jpgfront seat

My 66 parts car had a bag of change in the glove box, registration and 60's ice scraper. I also found some old coupons for products not made anymore under the back seat along with fossilized food items. Other then that nothing like some have posted.

I have found build sheets and I found an old paint blemish worksheet from the factory above the headliner.

nobody else has found anymore cool stuff

We're still looking. I haven't even got around to pulling the carpet on mine;who knows what awaits me.

My first car was a 1968 Pontiac LeMans,owned previously by a well known newsman from a local TV station. The first time I cleaned it up(like,the day I got it) I found a few 1-and 5-dollar bills,about four tampons,3 undeveloped rolls of film(should have had those printed),four more unexposed rolls(all 35mm) and at least 20 cigarette butts. It was like the guy couldn't find the ashtray-oh,wait;that was full. Oh,and a bunch of Goebel's and Stroh's beer bottle caps. Must have been a stressful job.

Goebel's?

That was a pretty good cheap beer. At least as good as Old Mil, if not better.

Not cool, but certainly unusual in Wisconsin. After towing our Belvedere up here from Florida, I found a live Black Widow with an egg sack on the back of one of the rims. I kept my eyes peeled whenever I was under the car for awhile after that.

I found these in the glovebox of a 67 Plymouth i bought a few years ago.

IMG-20130326-00133[1].jpg

In the 69 roadrunner I found a few unsmoked old joints in the glove box, and an unopened pack of wraps. I guess Plymouths and pot must have went hand and hand back in the day!

In the 68 satellite convertible my Dad found a golf tee that said Macgregor Chrysler Dodge Plymouth, made us think it was a salesmans car with all the funky options.

Nothing cool was in the 66 coronet, just receipts from previous owners.

My 66 parts car had a bag of change in the glove box, registration and 60's ice scraper. I also found some old coupons for products not made anymore under the back seat along with fossilized food items. Other then that nothing like some have posted.

I have found build sheets and I found an old paint blemish worksheet from the factory above the headliner.

Ice scraper....what is that?

69 Town and Country wagon that I bought for the 440 had all registration from day one in glove box.
Helping a friend clean out a 71 Corvette, found a spray can labeled reefer reliever....
scent, pussy

Last edited:
No kidding! The old woman's driver license was in the glovebox too. Born in 1898.

No kidding! The old woman's driver license was in the glovebox too. Born in 1898.
You should see if you can track any of her family. They might be glad to have something like that for their family history.

Found this old Budweiser coaster under the back seat of my '67 Chevelle along with some change.
224602_151456054925269_5432990_n.jpg

Unfortunately the Charger was already torn apart when i bought it, never asked the previous owner if they found anything cool

well, he does live in Mesa Az...lol

Yeah you are right, I didn't look for the location...so many people put a BS location in there...

Also I can't imagine anybody who wouldn't know what an Ice scraper is...its beyond my comprehension.

Auto Transport Service
Back