• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coolant in fuel

so what all was done while the shop had your truck this time?

Nothing yet,later today I'm going to have fuel tanks drained and cleaned. I will put new fuel in and wait to see what happens

fuel and coolant will separate on there own drain it all and dump the coolant . good luck hope its solved.

Its been a few days so let me catch up. Back in the shop Saturday for a new DPF filter. I was expecting it at anytime. But it's still showing signs that more coolant is getting into the tanks.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Did they put new injectors in the new head also. Or did they change the o rings on the injectors.

Well damn your not making this easy. I still believe it's on the Regen side. But have to wonder about injector cups. Ok Cummins has a fuel rail to feed injectors. The fuel pump is mounted to the front of the air compressor. But yet the fuel pump is not around coolant. The air compressor does but of it leaks it's oil or coolant in the air system.so nothing left expect that stupid egr and Regen.

Well damn your not making this easy. I still believe it's on the Regen side. But have to wonder about injector cups. Ok Cummins has a fuel rail to feed injectors. The fuel pump is mounted to the front of the air compressor. But yet the fuel pump is not around coolant. The air compressor does but of it leaks it's oil or coolant in the air system.so nothing left expect that stupid egr and Regen.

I checked egr myself, its dry and regen system is functioning perfectly after spending 2600 on it Saturday. I'm as confused as anyone,its giving me a headache .

Hey Roger, just saw this thread now. Are you referring to the Cummins in your Kenworth? You have the same X-15 Performance engine that I have, correct? Is this what I have to look forward to? Sorry about your misfortunes. I'm following this thread to see how it turns out for you. Good luck!!

Hey Roger, just saw this thread now. Are you referring to the Cummins in your Kenworth? You have the same X-15 Performance engine that I have, correct? Is this what I have to look forward to? Sorry about your misfortunes. I'm following this thread to see how it turns out for you. Good luck!!
No mine is 2015 ISX but thanks for the kind words

Also so you know, if you develop an injector cup leak while under warranty cummins will not replace or install new injector cups. They will force an oversized o ring into it and hope that you run out of warranty before it fails again.

Also so you know, if you develop an injector cup leak while under warranty cummins will not replace or install new injector cups. They will force an oversized o ring into it and hope that you run out of warranty before it fails again.
I am learning quickly that Cummins is not easy to deal with. I have spent my first 40,000 miles fighting fuel pressure issues. Kenworth finally stepped up and installed a Davco high volume filtration system and installed a fuel restriction gauge in my dash. All Cummins kept saying was they were "researching the issue". Apparently, insufficient fuel pressure is an issue with the high HP performance engines. So far, since the upgrade I have had 5,000 worry free miles and actually gained 0.5 MPG.

I am learning quickly that Cummins is not easy to deal with. I have spent my first 40,000 miles fighting fuel pressure issues. Kenworth finally stepped up and installed a Davco high volume filtration system and installed a fuel restriction gauge in my dash. All Cummins kept saying was they were "researching the issue". Apparently, insufficient fuel pressure is an issue with the high HP performance engines. So far, since the upgrade I have had 5,000 worry free miles and actually gained 0.5 MPG.
My cousin has been having the same issue. Paccar decided that a 10 micron filter would be a grand idea on the 2019 models. The only fix for it is exactly what you had done.

My cousin has been having the same issue. Paccar decided that a 10 micron filter would be a grand idea on the 2019 models. The only fix for it is exactly what you had done.
Too bad it took them 40,000 miles to rectify; not to mention all of the lost wages. Damn how I miss the days of the mechanical diesel engine. All you needed was fuel and compression and it would run forever.

Too bad it took them 40,000 miles to rectify; not to mention all of the lost wages. Damn how I miss the days of the mechanical diesel engine. All you needed was fuel and compression and it would run forever.
I was considering ordering a glider but DAMN $191,000

upload_2019-5-7_22-9-32.png

Auto Transport Service
Back