• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronet Stalking & MoPar Junk Drunk

Snowtrooper1966

Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
Have seen a super nice 1968 Coronet 500 convertible driving around my neighborhood the past 6 months, and finally was able to stop and talk to the owner.

a3atyhep.jpg

A really nice lady in her late 50's, said her husband got it for her 50th birthday and that it was her driver.
She said he had a few MoPars, including a '71 'Cuda convertible that was his daily driver.
Also mentioned a 2nd gen Charger, and Dart that belonged to one of the kids.
I asked if there was any way to get her phone number and reach out to her husband, saying it would be great to meet.
I called him, but he apparently is out of town on business quite a bit. He did say he had quite a few cars and that he was OK with me coming over some time, and that he would love to give my Charger a once over.
It took a month, but today was finally the day.
When I called the house and told his wife that I spoke to home earlier, just need address, she seemed a bit off but gave it to me.
A few moments later, she called and said she was leery of having strangers over, and if it would be OK if he met me somewhere else with his 'Cuda.
I was kind of bummed, but told her that was cool. I did say I totally understood her hesitation, and assured her that I was just a harmless family guy that was into MoPars, that I was planning on bringing the wife and kids. If she felt any bad vibes, we would leave and never bother them again.
She seemed more at ease and agreed.
We arrived and immediately my jaw hit the floor. I could see why she was hesitant to have strangers over. But we all spoke for a few moments and any fear she had disappeared.
Attached to the house there was a 6 car garage, and adjacent to that was another building that had 4 bays and two lifts.
So, the cars I saw were:

1964 Plymouth Barracuda 273 auto, silver

1968 Dodge Dart

(above 2 cars where the only ones outside, and I just gave them a passing glance)

1968 Dodge Coronet 500 Convertible 383 auto, red

1968 Dodge Coronet 4 speed, acid dipped tweaked frame ex-race car, being converted back to driver, white

1968 Dodge SuperBee w/modern siamese Hemi race block, 4 Speed, blue

1969 Dodge Charger 4 speed, blue

1970 Dodge Charger, yellow

1970 Dodge 340 Challenger, 4 speed, yellow w/340 billboard stripe

1970 Plymouth Superbird (clone) w/modern Hemi auto, 95% complete, just finishing hooking up the drive by wire modern hemi to the old school satty's mechanical systems, orange

1970 Plymouth Roadrunner period correct Hemi, 4 speed pistol grip, orange

1971 Plymouth 'Cuda 440 SixBarrel Auto, yellow

I was so overwhelmed I did not even get motor info for the 68 Coronet or Charger. The 1970 Charger was up on a rack, so did not even see inside that one, so motor and tranny info eluded me...

I could have spoken to him for hours about any one of these great cars, to try to take all 11 of this amazing collection in the couple hours I was there was not happening.....

I did not take any pix this time, as I didn't want to kill the warm fuzzy feeling, and honestly, my time was limited tonight.

No trailer queens. All drivers (or will be). Does all his own work, including converting the Satty/Supebird and all the metal work that involved.

Beyond all the cars, there is obviously many motors and parts of every description on shelves.

Think I just met my new best bud....

Next time I'm invited over, I will see if he minds if I take a few pix.

Last edited:
Awesome..I think you played it perfectly. I can completely see her side of it. Sometimes us 'car guys' are a little strange, even though WE know we are safe, how does she know?

Hope you all hit it off and become close friends. They certainly have love for good cars, and that's the best starting point.

She was originally very cool about it when I first made contact. She's a car nut too, so understood my enthusiasm for her beautiful Coronet.
She has just had some odd people following her the past few days, so was a bit weirded out...

Just to clarify, this was not a showroom or museum, but are working garages.

some times you have to take little steps or you`ll loose them, and any further visits to them you did right ! we`ll sit back and wait for a update with photos :headbang:

sounds like a great collection & could/should be a great contact, eventually maybe a friend too... take it slow don't scare them off, don't be that creepy stalker guy...LOL...

Our hobby tends to attract good people, but I certainly understand her trepidation.

Don't you have a spy camera? :poke:

Awesome! Can't wait to see more pics if you become friends.

She has just had some odd people following her the past few days, so was a bit weirded out...
I get "Supra stalkers" too, I'm sure the SuperBee stalkers will be coming this Spring, lol. Some "car guy" followed me home in the Supra the other day. I was pleasant, smiled and said thanks. But a little weirded out, so I pretended like I was busy on the phone and shuffling stuff around, instead of getting out of the car, until he left. I'm more paranoid about thieves!

Reminds me of the old saying - If you love a butterfly let it fly away as far as it can...

OK
Finally made it back over and was given the green light to take some pix.

First garage has:
1971 440 SixBarrel Shaker 'Cuda convertible
1968 Coronet R/T 4 speed
1968 Charger
Olds 442 up on top lift:

su6y9u7y.jpg

abeva3yz.jpg

8egu5eje.jpg

u5uze4u7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Second garage has:
1968 Superbee w/modern Stage V race Hemi
1970 Plymouth Superbird cloned from a Satty, w/modern Hemi
1970 4 speed RoadRunner
1971 340 'Cuda
1970 Dodge Charger R/T up on lift:

3y4arava.jpg

ajyzuzeq.jpg

dusu9yqa.jpg

egequmy9.jpg

6unynege.jpg

5a5yja6a.jpg

8a9eruju.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Took me for a crazy hell ride in the 1971 'Cuda convertible. Tire shredding 0-90 in seconds on a twisty 2 lane crowded back road....
Super great guy, tons of knowledge and experience. Not a purist by any stretch, but builds and drives his collection.

Last edited:
That's whats up. Always loved that 442. I knock him points for using the cars a storage table though. lol

That's not a 442 on the lift, it's a 1970-1972 Buick Skylark or Gran Sport.

Otherwise that's an incredible garage and a beyond impressive collection of cars. Thanks for sharing.

very cool collection, I'd be over there allot...

We're right in the middle of it all. Work was evacuated for a few hours on Wednesday.
These garages are close to the biggest fire.
Think we should all volunteer to go over and help drive them to safety.
Dibs on the convertible Coronet....

Snowtrooper stay as safe as you can, damn fires every year almost now down your way, I feel for you guys, I know what it's like, we had a really nasty 1/2 million acre "Rim" fire here last year too, just over the ridge from us... We get one every few years it seems too... The nasty dense thick smoke for over a month was the worst part... Forest land & careless folks...

I hope none of these awesome rides are in harms way...

Auto Transport Service
Back