• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct engine paint color for 1967

bob32268

Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know the correct color of blue for a 1967 383 engine. Also, who has it for sale.
Tks,
Bob32268

20220831_112934.jpg

I worked with Herbs on this for over a year. This is a 67 383. Since he has sold to Obsolete Auto, I'm not sure it's still available.

What is the color called ? Also, do you have a "recipe" for the colors to make this shade ?
Tks,
Bob32268

Thanks, do you know where I can find it ? I looked at some engine paint colors but there were none called Chrysler Turquoise...
Tks, Bob32268
The last time I bought Mopar engine paint it was from Mancini....

The last engine paint I bought was from Bob Mazzolini, and a more rare and difficult color (RACE hemi orange). I was surprised and happy with his spray can paint. Good coverage, spot on color.
The last turquoise I used was Mopar paint from a dealer, I understand difficult or impossible to find now. You could use the search feature here and find about twenty threads on engine paint, and places to get the good stuff.
Edit : seeing you are new, click search upper right corner, type in engine paint in the search box, and you will get ten plus pages of info.

Last edited:
While this is not Herbs paint it does look very good.
VHT126
sp126_1.jpg

RBTX7529.JPG

Last edited:
The VHT is good stuff. You will probably have to special order it, by the number. I haven't seen turquoise in an actual parts house in quite a while. Get extra cans.

Auto Transport Service
Back