• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Paint Color and Manufacturer for Road Runner / GTX Grille

Fabman

Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
Looking to refinish my 70 RR Grille - would like to use the correct colors and a good plastic type spray paint. Is there such a thing to do our Plastic Grilles??

Looking to refinish my 70 RR Grille - would like to use the correct colors and a good plastic type spray paint. Is there such a thing to do our Plastic Grilles??
Call Dave’s Totally Auto, they got your grill paint

Or, Herb's Restoration. Just be sure to do it the CORRECT way. It's not just one spray color 'n done.

Or, Herb's Restoration. Just be sure to do it the CORRECT way. It's not just one spray color 'n done.
Can you elaborate please...I know there's two colors...what else am I missing? Are these the correct colors?

Paint.jpg

Last edited:
Dark and light. Both are textured.

Neither one says textured. Not all grilles have textured paint.

A 1970 RR grill is textured.

Whatever your chosen method for application, you need to start the process with a thorough cleaning/desliming and apply Adhesion Promoter to the grille. The AP will ensure the paint actually sticks/bonds to the grille. Think of it as primer followed by glue for PVC pipe. Opens up the plastic.

Whatever your chosen method for application, you need to start the process with a thorough cleaning/desliming and apply Adhesion Promoter to the grille. The AP will ensure the paint actually sticks/bonds to the grille. Think of it as primer followed by glue for PVC pipe. Opens up the plastic.
BUT...this is an already painted grille..not bare plastic

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back