• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct paint color for Rallye wheels 71 Charger

mbc0724

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
I have some blemishes/scratches on my wheels and I am trying to find some good spray paint to repair them. Any suggestions? Classic Industries has some Argent Silver that looks close. Is that the right color? Anyone used that paint? Any other suggestions for a paint source? thanks!

IMG_6954.JPG

This is what I have been using. I think I bought it at O’reilly/zone. It’s pretty darn close. I recently also bought two new Talley rims from Classic and it is hard to tell the difference. One other thing I did was to add a clear coat over the paint. I used satin, but I think a semi gloss might have been even better

IMG_0123.jpeg

The battleship gray you see out there is totally wrong.

That VHT Wheel paint looks good on the wheel

Jim--it is hard for me to read the paint color and can color number on your photo--can you provide the number and color?

Mopar used to sell Argent paint for wheels. THey still may. Check with Classic Industries.

Understood for the centers. But are the wheels the same for both years? Is my color above correct?

Years ago I used a can of Mopar rallye wheel paint and it was too light compared to an original 71 wheel I had. I ended up going to a PPG dealer and getting paint mixed and it was much closer in color.

Auto Transport Service
Back