• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Radiator for 69 Road Runner

None of the codes you reference above are on the fender tag. The only place the number 26 appears coincides with the build date on the fender tag. So I take that to mean it came with a 22" radiator.

That is correct.

FWIW...I have the 22" 053 redone by Glen Ray in my R/T with 440 and run <170 degrees. Meaning.... you can cool with a 22" radiator IF you do things properly.

That is correct.

FWIW...I have the 22" 053 redone by Glen Ray in my R/T with 440 and run <170 degrees. Meaning.... you can cool with a 22" radiator IF you do things properly.
Admittedly, have not heard of Glen Ray, but I am checking it out now. Thanks.

Admittedly, have not heard of Glen Ray, but I am checking it out now. Thanks.
Great name and great service in the mopar radiator world if you don't have a qualified local shop that can do the same. I'm fortunate to still have a local radiator shop, now run by a "young gun" that took over for his Father, that took over for his Father before him, that is now into selling reboxed stuff BUT his Father will still come in and "old school" a vintage radiator for you with a new core on your good tanks. My Bee runs right on the thermostat no matter how hard I push it and it's 053 radiator. The radiator he did for me in 1988 was still running the same in 2015 when I tore the car apart and wanted a correct part # radiator in it, or it would still be going 34 years later!

Great name and great service in the mopar radiator world if you don't have a qualified local shop that can do the same. I'm fortunate to still have a local radiator shop, now run by a "young gun" that took over for his Father, that took over for his Father before him, that is now into selling reboxed stuff BUT his Father will still come in and "old school" a vintage radiator for you with a new core on your good tanks. My Bee runs right on the thermostat no matter how hard I push it and it's 053 radiator. The radiator he did for me in 1988 was still running the same in 2015 when I tore the car apart and wanted a correct part # radiator in it, or it would still be going 34 years later!
Looked them up online. Looks like the specialize in 26" radiators. Don't see much about 22" radiators. And I don't have a 22" core that I could send them to have redone.

I’d go 26”, and modify the rad support for it.

Not sure what modifying the radiator support would entail.
Cutting a wider opening in it.

This car is in pretty immaculate shape without messing with a bunch of stuff.
Use the 22". Adding a shroud (not cheap from Mega Parts) would be a good idea. Looks like factory and well for the price in my opinion. I wouldn't be without it.

Looked them up online. Looks like the specialize in 26" radiators. Don't see much about 22" radiators. And I don't have a 22" core that I could send them to have redone.

Call and ask for Bob. They'll do 053's. I'm not the only person that has one done by them. It won't be cheap but it will be quality work, effective and look factory.

You were offered an 053 at the beginning of the thread. They are out there.

Bob will do any Mopar radiator! he also has some stock of used originals he can restore for you. They are a full time radiator shop that will actually do anything from a motorcycle radiator to a Cat D9 radiator!

Bob at Glen Ray has restored all 3 of my current 22" radiators. The motors are putting out between 480hp - 570hp and don't overheat. Fan shrouds, high flow 180* thermostats, and standard green antifreeze.

Auto Transport Service
Back