• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Covid hits home.....and looks to be on it's way out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
In February 2020, I had my first actual cold in 3 years. It was a doozy too. I was off work almost a week. I was tired, congested, coughing a lot and felt disoriented. The wife got it after me and had a worse time of it. I was never tested but I strongly suspect that we both had an early strain of Covid. Loss of smell was weird. We didn't completely lose our sense of taste but it wasn't as acute as before. We both recovered 100%.

Last Monday I woke up feeling as if I hadn't slept enough. I went ahead and went to work anyway. I was dragging *** the whole day. It was a chilly day, topping out at 40 degrees. I felt cold, tired, disoriented and fatigued.
At home I checked my temperature. 103.7.
I took some Tylenol and took a nap. 3 hours later I woke to a reduced fever but I was still tired. Tuesday morning I woke to a 102.5 fever so I called in sick. Later I took a home Covid test and it was positive.
Wednesday I went to a testing facility. The next day they emailed....Positive. They did not specify what strain I have.
I've been taking zinc, vitamins A, C and D.
I have almost no congestion. My breathing is fine. Hardly any cough. No sneezing.
What I do have is fatigue! I'm sleeping a lot. My appetite is less than half of normal. I'm not as sharp as I normally am. I'm having trouble staying focused. I get brief moments where I feel great but once I try to get up to do something, I get tired. I've had a fluctuating temperature that peaked at 104 and for one short time last night, I was 95.8. I normally am in the 97.5 range.
Things could be worse. My breathing is fine. I seem to be stuck in a loop though. Since this started on Monday, each day seems the same. I may call the Doctor tomorrow to see how long this is supposed to last.

Dude, you're doing the right things. Make sure to keep an eye on your oxygen level. You can get those little "clothespin" things they clamp on your finger at the drive through at Walgreens for about $15. Contact your doctor and watch your oxygen.

In February 2020, I had my first actual cold in 3 years. It was a doozy too. I was off work almost a week. I was tired, congested, coughing a lot and felt disoriented. The wife got it after me and had a worse time of it. I was never tested but I strongly suspect that we both had an early strain of Covid. Loss of smell was weird. We didn't completely lose our sense of taste but it wasn't as acute as before. We both recovered 100%.

Last Monday I woke up feeling as if I hadn't slept enough. I went ahead and went to work anyway. I was dragging *** the whole day. It was a chilly day, topping out at 40 degrees. I felt cold, tired, disoriented and fatigued.
I took some Tylenol and took a nap. 3 hours later I woke to a reduced fever but I was still tired. Tuesday morning I woke to a 102.5 fever so I called in sick. Later I took a home Covid test and it was positive.
Wednesday I went to a testing facility. The next day they emailed....Positive. They did not specify what strain I have.
I have almost no congestion. My breathing is fine. Hardly any cough. No sneezing.
What I do have is fatigue! I'm sleeping a lot. My appetite is less than half of normal. I'm not as sharp as I normally am. I'm having trouble staying focused. I get brief moments where I feel great but once I try to get up to do something, I get tired. I've had a fluctuating temperature that peaked at 104 and for one short time last night, I was 95.8. I normally am in the 97.5 range.
Things could be worse. My breathing is fine. I seem to be stuck in a loop though. Since this started on Monday, each day seems the same. I may call the Doctor tomorrow to see how long this is supposed to last.
I hope you’re feeling better soon. Hydrate and rest up. Mine wasn’t bad but I swear, I was wiped for about a month after. Did my shift and that was about it. Exhausted. Stretch out your chest if your cough gets any worse. Helps coughing up that crap. If you’re still feverish tomorrow I’d call your Dr.

Sounds like your both pulling through it. Keep relaxing, you’ll be fine.

Somehow, the wife is in the clear. We have stayed apart and slept in different rooms. That S U C K S!

Somehow, the wife is in the clear. We have stayed apart and slept in different rooms. That S U C K S!
The 30 yrs I’ve been wife my wife, I’ve never seen her sick. Irritates the crap outta me. Not that I want her sick but she cannot relate. She tells me,, think positive! Good times

Mary and I are like newlyweds....always close and affectionate. Being apart is not fun.

im 57 and i bit over weigh .... i had it and lived.... sick as f*&k tho.... real bad sick. ..... ZINK C and D... lots of sleep. you got this .... no jab needed anymore.

Last edited:
Sounds like your doing the right things so hang in there. Probably around 3/4 of my family and friends have had it. Do have a friend that was in ICU for 6 weeks. It is slow going for him.

You caught what... :poke:

Keep doing what you're doing and don't be too "manly" to seek professional help if you take a turn..

I don't really understand the desire to be tested for covid. There's no treatment for it that differs from the flu or a regular cold so why does it matter what you have? You already know that you're sick, no test required to tell you that.

I got over it a week & a half ago. From what I have seen with the person I got it from & the two I spread it to, once you catch it, you spread it before you will start to show symptoms yourself. I hate to tell you this, but chances are, you most likely infected your wife.

Submit's and my symptoms were not as pronounced as yours. Our fevers were very mild and only lasted a day. Submit lost her sense of tasete and smell, but it's now coming back.

I don't really understand the desire to be tested for covid. There's no treatment for it that differs from the flu or a regular cold so why does it matter what you have?

It's not all about YOU !! The point of being tested is so that if you have it you stay the **** away from other people and don't spread it.

It's not all about YOU !! The point of being tested is so that if you have it you stay the **** away from other people and don't spread it.

Well... if you’re to believe anything corporate media says, we are all going to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back