• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Covid hits home.....and looks to be on it's way out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, I've had the original (not extra crispy) version of the kung flu, so early on they didn't know
what it was originally when I got sick - they had to test my blood a few weeks later to find it.

Wow, an original lab rat, right here on this forum !

Wow, an original lab rat, right here on this forum !
Yeah, very late in February, right before the whole mess hit the media...
That was one of the most surreal (and yes, funny as hell) phone calls I ever got.
"We regret to inform you...."
I was like, but I felt fine the next day!
"Well, we know now that you had it...."
Yeah but....I literally recovered within 48 hours!
"We'd like you to come in and take the test...."
Ummm, the thing is supposed to be "hot" for like 14 days, right?
"Well yes....but you could still come in for testing..."
Lady, seriously....what would be the point?
:lol:

I know a lot of people that are sick or in the hospital and 3 people have died from it in the last two weeks very scary.I have been staying away from people and masking up oh and working on my cars .My grand kids all have strep throat right now but no Covid they all got tested I hope you get well soon.

Sorry to hear of this KD!
Here's a couple options to hold you over until you've recovered fully.
upload_2021-12-26_19-40-24.jpeg

upload_2021-12-26_19-41-7.jpeg

Don’t forget, Kern Dog. As well as your immediate family you have mopar relatives here on b-bodies that depend on you.
We’re deeply praying that you prevail healthy as an icelandic horse and stick around to share your 2nd gen charger knowledge as long as humanly possible!
Merry Christmas!

Now you'll have to go back to the days like you were dating; you go home and beat off.
I'm surprised he hasn't made a glory hole between the bedrooms. :lol:

Stay hydrated and get rest......the Meme threads are plummeting because you haven't posted in like 3 days. :rofl:

KD, Did they check you for influenza too?

Hang in there Kern, Sounds like your on top of things. I pray and hope you get through it fast .
If you get to feeling to ruff get to the ER.

In February 2020, I had my first actual cold in 3 years. It was a doozy too. I was off work almost a week. I was tired, congested, coughing a lot and felt disoriented. The wife got it after me and had a worse time of it. I was never tested but I strongly suspect that we both had an early strain of Covid. Loss of smell was weird. We didn't completely lose our sense of taste but it wasn't as acute as before. We both recovered 100%.

Last Monday I woke up feeling as if I hadn't slept enough. I went ahead and went to work anyway. I was dragging *** the whole day. It was a chilly day, topping out at 40 degrees. I felt cold, tired, disoriented and fatigued.
At home I checked my temperature. 103.7.
I took some Tylenol and took a nap. 3 hours later I woke to a reduced fever but I was still tired. Tuesday morning I woke to a 102.5 fever so I called in sick. Later I took a home Covid test and it was positive.
Wednesday I went to a testing facility. The next day they emailed....Positive. They did not specify what strain I have.
I've been taking zinc, vitamins A, C and D.
I have almost no congestion. My breathing is fine. Hardly any cough. No sneezing.
What I do have is fatigue! I'm sleeping a lot. My appetite is less than half of normal. I'm not as sharp as I normally am. I'm having trouble staying focused. I get brief moments where I feel great but once I try to get up to do something, I get tired. I've had a fluctuating temperature that peaked at 104 and for one short time last night, I was 95.8. I normally am in the 97.5 range.
Things could be worse. My breathing is fine. I seem to be stuck in a loop though. Since this started on Monday, each day seems the same. I may call the Doctor tomorrow to see how long this is supposed to last.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you. Follow the advice of your medical professional over individual opinions. You wouldn't contract a florist to rebuild your engine.

You guys know how sometimes your brain is hitting on all 8 ? You're able to remember what you want, all your memories are easily accessed....That is how I feel most of the time.
This week I have been in a fog. Now would be the worst time to assess my intelligence with an IQ test. My wits are as sharp as a bowling ball lately.

Hope you recover soon. Keep us posted on your progress. Like you, I’m unvaccinated..

My employer has been pressured by the Biden administration to mandate vaccines or regular Covid tests for all employees, even the ones that work from home exclusively, like me..

My 85 year old mother got vaccinated with Moderna, this past Spring. Three weeks ago she had a Shingles outbreak, which she still hasn’t fully recovered from. She never got a Shingles vaccine because she had no recollection of ever having Chicken Pox.

I had Shingles 11 years ago. I’m going to get the Shingrix vaccine first before any Covid vaccine, because I don’t want to go through that Shingles hell again.. I personally think that the Covid vaccine may have contributed to my mother’s Shingles outbreak. She has had no Shingles outbreak for 80 years, then it happens 8 months after getting her Moderna vaccine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back