• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cragar SS unilug question

madmopar

Local time
4:04 AM
Reaction score
Bought a set of used uni-lug Cragars but no hardware. I see that, depending on the source, the "special" washers needed are either flat or concave. Does it matter which is used? Thanks!

Check with The Lugnut King, he is down in SoCal and attends some swap meets like Pomona. He is also on Ebay and has sfuff i never knew existed. Like Roto Lugs. Never did like those Unilug one size fits all wheels.

Just curious, why did you go with Uni lug instead of the direct drill (61c) versions?

I have set on the Bee and I think mine are flat. Bought the lugs on ebay. Never had a problem with them.

Bought a set of used uni-lug Cragars but no hardware. I see that, depending on the source, the "special" washers needed are either flat or concave. Does it matter which is used? Thanks!
They are either offset or not depending on which bolt pattern, the guys at lugnut king know which are which

The Cragar unilug takes an oval flat washer with the hole offset to one side.

I agree with post #6
I had a set I bought 30 or 40 years ago and the inner hole was definitely offset and you flipped them around for different wheel lug spacing.

Just curious, why did you go with Uni lug instead of the direct drill (61c) versions?
They were available locally and somewhat cheap, figured I could sell them to a chevy guy as well if I ever decided to sell them.

What I didn't care for on the offset washers is they tend to spin as they were torqued down. My old 10 X 15 Cragar unilug SS wheels didn't have recesses for the washers but they did have the crappy inserts for the lug pattern which always cracked on ya'.
Beveled washers can also be somewhat of a locking feature.....................
Ring from post on JJ ...
Cragar SS wheels always unilug ?
1656908802625.png
1656913180052.png

Auto Transport Service
Back