• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cragar Super Tricks...where are they?

Mike, just to clarify, I meant the Tricks had some reported reliability issues & I remember Tricks as bolted while Centerlines were riveted and DOT legal & heavier than Tricks. I ran both of those brands. I never actually had the Fenton's, but they sure were popular.
Back in the day (1970's) there was no such rating as DOT approved for aftermarket mag wheels.
The testing we all used was the SEMA 5-1a Wheel Fatigue Testing.
One of the important factors was the cornering load test. This test is where neither the Centerline 2 piece spun aluminum OR Cragar S/T could pass.

Mike, I stand corrected!! My memory must be failing, but I recall the Centerlines being "street legal", which I thought was some Federal standard. But obviously could be wrong. Still wish I had a set of 15x12 6.5 BS Tricks right now.

So after months of watching for Super Tricks a fellow member right here on FBBO came through with a nice set of fronts for me. Still on the look out for some 15 X 12's with 5.5" bs.

IMG_5092.JPG

A big thank you to fellow member XYZ guy for the 15 X 3.5's! Great shape and with a good scrubing and new set of stainless steel bolts they look like new.

So after months of watching for Super Tricks a fellow member right here on FBBO came through with a nice set of fronts for me. Still on the look out for some 15 X 12's with 5.5" bs.

View attachment 594400

A big thank you to fellow member XYZ guy for the 15 X 3.5's! Great shape and with a good scrubing and new set of stainless steel bolts they look like new.
Malex, great find for you and even the center caps are in great shape. Good things can take a little time, like wine! Hope you can score the rear wheels as well.
Bob :moparsmiley:

Malex, I agree, great find. I should do the same thing & do a WTB post. I would love a set of 15 x 12 6.5 BS. Good luck.

Malex, great find for you and even the center caps are in great shape. Good things can take a little time, like wine! Hope you can score the rear wheels as well.
---
I'm expecting the 15X12's could take a long long time to round up. In the meantime I'll run draglites on the rear with the Tricks up front. With the wheel change and the other changes made since end of last season I'll be about 200 lbs lighter this year.
IMG_5093.JPG

Malex, I agree, great find. I should do the same thing & do a WTB post. I would love a set of 15 x 12 6.5 BS. Good luck.
---
This probably won't help but there is a pair on ebay with a 7.5 back space. If I see 6.5's I'll let you know.

Those super trick front wheels are not so rare in swap meets in and around Ohio. I was at a swap meet in Wooster Ohio just yesterday and seen a few sets of fronts and a few sets of rears. That's what I run on a couple of my cars. Bogart also made wheels almost identical to super tricks. I have them for the back of my Wagon. The rare Super Trick wheels are the single pattern wheels. They were the early wheels that came out in 1972. I bought the first set from Jegs back then for my 67 Hemi Belvedere. I even bought the aluminum lug nuts that Cragar made for those wheels and were later outlawed by every sanctioning body.

Neither cars are mine. The black one belongs to a friend of mine, the red one was for sale not too long ago. I really wanted the car but wasn’t able to connect with the guy. I have a set 15x3.5” and 15x12 I’m going to use for my 65 Dodge. I love them!!

8C0759B0-3D05-4B5A-8CAF-20156483FF74.jpeg 1B07AA6E-D05D-4F51-ADFD-1CB29996F449.jpeg

Just got a pair of 15x12's for my '66 Satellite. Thanks to Malex for the heads up! Will mount some 11.5W Phoenix on them. I'll keep my eye's open for 3.5x15's to match.

There's just something about those iconic Super Tricks on old Mopars... Thanks to fellow member XYZ Guy I have a nice set of fronts now too. Eventually some 12's with 5.5 BS will show up one day.

IMG_5092.JPG

These 3.5's look like new cleaned up.

Super tricks with Good year fronts come in at 38 lbs for the pair.
IMG_2566.JPG

There's just something about those iconic Super Tricks on old Mopars... Thanks to fellow member XYZ Guy I have a nice set of fronts now too. Eventually some 12's with 5.5 BS will show up one day.

View attachment 604258
These 3.5's look like new cleaned up.

Super tricks with Good year fronts come in at 38 lbs for the pair.
View attachment 604259
I have a pair of 15x8s on my roadrunner been on since 95 wiyh over 7000 street miles no problems

Malex, did you use tubes in those tricks? If not( and at 38lbs i'm thinking you didn't) are they holding air?
Awesome set btw. I wish mine looked half that good.

I've had Super Tricks on my GTX since the early 70's with no tubes in the front and the only time they lost any air was, I didn't tighten a valve core. :thumbsup:

Malex, did you use tubes in those tricks? If not( and at 38lbs i'm thinking you didn't) are they holding air?
Awesome set btw. I wish mine looked half that good.
---
Thanks 33! No tubes. Zero leaks.
I cleaned off the old sealer, cleaned up the original o-rings and reinstalled, followed by a nice coat of silicone all the way around. I also installed new stainless steel bolts while I was at it.

In the picture below you can see the o-ring under the clear permatex silicone.
IMG_5099.JPG

I've had Super Tricks on my GTX since the early 70's with no tubes in the front and the only time they lost any air was, I didn't tighten a valve core. :thumbsup:
---
Love those Super Tricks!
This has got to be one of my favourite pictures of all time.
IMG_4526.jpg

As you can imagine, I've been doing lots of thinking about anodizing. First I need to locate some 15 X 12's with a 5.5 backspace. Anyone?
IMG_2455.JPG

Wish i could help with the rears malex, but i only got my fronts that came on a car i bought. That car came with 15x12 auto dragson the back. My 15x3.5 came with tubes and i was told they would never hold air without them. Clearly as Richard Blaine would say"i was misinformed"(casablanca)
What i liked about the supertricks was that they Could be anodized, which you couldn't with centerlines because of the stainless rivets.
When i do see wide rear supers, they are almost always on a car that has used them for decades.

---
Love those Super Tricks!
This has got to be one of my favourite pictures of all time.
View attachment 604626

As you can imagine, I've been doing lots of thinking about anodizing. First I need to locate some 15 X 12's with a 5.5 backspace. Anyone?
View attachment 604627
Malex, Many years ago when I first got Super Tricks, I almost had them anodized gold as I thought the gold would complement the green paint but I changed my mind. Are those American 5 spokes on your Plymouth?

Malex, Many years ago when I first got Super Tricks, I almost had them anodized gold as I thought the gold would complement the green paint but I changed my mind. Are those American 5 spokes on your Plymouth?
---
The rims on my Plymouth are the American Racing Torque Thrust V105D series. Period correct and very affordable, also quite heavy.

Auto Transport Service
Back