• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cragar Super Tricks...where are they?

So.. my Super Tricks showed up yesterday via FedEx. The box showed up and the first thing I thought was, how in the hell can a guy get 2 wheels in that box...

Here is how.
They were taken apart and stacked in the box. The dude never mentioned anything about taking them apart. Anyways, they were very oversold to me.. "damn nice shape" was the description.
What I was sold was 15 X 10 with a 4.5" back space.
What I got was a 15 X 10 with a 5" back space...
The good thing is that I have the room to run them.
Very grungy to say the least.
View attachment 703366

Hours of cleaning failed to get the corrosion or weld splatter or whatever it is off of the one. Not happy with the look of them..
View attachment 703367

So, I took them out and had them cleaned up. I suspect the anodize maybe ended up removed and if so, so be it. I'll run them this year like this and then look into anodizing / refinishing the whole set after the race season.
View attachment 703369

Lots better than what showed up a day ago and they will do the job this upcoming season.
View attachment 703370
Yeah look more like Center Lines now. You ever get them anodized again?

For what its worth..... the bolt heads are supposed to be on the outside, the self locking nuts on the inside of the wheel.

Yeah look more like Center Lines now. You ever get them anodized again?
No that never happened. I ran them as they were. I no longer have the rears, fronts only. For 12’s to fit my car I need a 5.5” BS to boot.
Will stick with the draglites, I like them anyways. Actually walked into Herbert Cams in Riverside CA in 1990 and bought my first full set for my 64.
4C5B9CE1-1CFD-4934-A7EA-A30D1535F28F.jpeg

I called Bogart Racing Wheels yesterday to ask about their Fly wheels that look like the Super Tricks. $443 per wheel. Ouch. Too much for this guy who usually gets all his wheels from swap meets.
Same here but most of mine came from tired out race cars or ones that someone else tried to build and didn't have much success and was glad to send it on for pennies on the dollar. There was also a couple of the bow tie guys that couldn't get a handle on a Mopar in the bunch. Man, that's been awhile though. Only Mopar guys that know what they are doing (for the most part lol) have them now and are keeping them.

I always liked the look of Super Tricks but they were not recommended for the street. I got some ET-X wheels.

436A2F74-97C5-4EE4-B8F4-B0916910336A.jpeg

No that never happened. I ran them as they were. I no longer have the rears, fronts only. For 12’s to fit my car I need a 5.5” BS to boot.
Will stick with the draglites, I like them anyways. Actually walked into Herbert Cams in Riverside CA in 1990 and bought my first full set for my 64. View attachment 1415872
Looks tough still. I seen your car in some old Southey videos with that plate. 2:55 in the video.

Looks tough still. I seen your car in some old Southey videos with that plate. 2:55 in the video.

Well isn’t that interesting, thank you. I had both my RoadRunner and 64 Polara 500 at that show. Thanks for sharing the video, I’ll be going through it completely. The 64 was a crowd favourite that day. Good God that’s 30 years ago this year.
97C2A4BC-51BE-4FB3-9485-E08A7154A673.png

I wish I had kept both of those cars.
Ahh the sacrifices we make. I greatly appreciate the video!
This also brings to mind that someone sent me this, which I had never seen before.
21474F36-B8D6-4F59-BDD2-ED32A1753D3A.jpeg

Had never seen this site before. This was in 1991.

Nice pull on the video. I think I was in the parking lot that year. Just talked to Al last week, he needs some long rams for a project.

Love the Supertricks we put a set on a buddys car in the 80s, the were primo. Im still partial to both the Centerline Auto Drag and these......

329801724_1389097685260173_3146414772200854817_n (2).jpg

Kind words....yes I have a set of each

The Auto Drags I've had for over 30 years.....Ali Brite wheel cleaner keeps me looking new !

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back