• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crane Rocker adjustment

BeeFast

Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score
My 440 came with Crane 1.6 rockers and solid lifters. I cant seem to adjust them. All it appears to have is a polylock. No screw inside. Searching came up with nothing. What am I missing?

These are the crane golds. Do they look like this?

20210816_143257.jpg

20210816_143319.jpg

20210816_143355.jpg

No. The rockers are anodized gold. My mistake. Ill try to post up what I got.

They might be old Sig Erson rockers

If they are aluminum they can be anodized.
If they are the cast iron adjustable (crane, isky, sig, or oem mopar), If they are gold, it's paint or cad plating.
My guess is the "polylock" is the adjuster screw.
How do you know they are 1.6?

Ill check with a magnet tomorrow.

You can see the old lock nut martks on the arms. Somebody installed some type of non-Crane adjuster. Myself I would get some good adjuster screws with a 12 point lock and an allen center.

Agree with pnora. Those adjusters look like cast iron 273 adjusters to me, that work on an interference fit.
Get you some ARP or otherwise good adjusters with locknuts. The ones you have will just wreck the rockers.

those adjusters are old slant 6/poly 318 types and have an interference thread and never used a locking nut. i would suspect that the steel interference thread may have wrecked the aluminum threads in the rockers. they should have never been used with those rockers.

Auto Transport Service
Back