• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crappy Product? From Year-One (Seatbelt Solutions)

RogerRamRod

Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
I purchased the 3 point seatbelt conversion set for my 68, wanting some semblance of safety, (not dry rotted and with proper shoulder restraint) I sent the following to Year One. (Seatbelt Solutions of Jupiter Fl. is the manufacturer) With YearOne saying they get no response from SS, I am now contacting them as well.

“April of 2021 I ordered seat belt set MN725BLKU from you. After delays because of family medical issues and engine problems, I am finally able to continue work on my project. I installed the drivers side seat belt yesterday. For an aftermarket product, it looks and fits pretty good. Please tell me there is a way to adjust belt tension for retact though. That part of it sucks. I can get the belt to finish retracting only if I hold it just right and feed it in. There is enough room on the spool, and it does go in if you fiddle with it, but I certainly don't want to go through that every time I get out of the car.”

Now, I do realize this IS a 2 year old purchase, but on their website, they boast about being OEM quality, American Made product, and they came about because the owner had a classic car blah, blah, blah….
I included a video where you can plainly tell this is an unfinished project ( I haven’t been driving around using the product for all this time). And, EVEN IF I had, I would expect a least a decade of usage out of an OEM quality set of seatbelts.

I’ll update when (or if) I hear back from the manufacturer.

post your video here so we can see it please. And thank you for the heads up.

I don’t know how to post a video, I see where to add photos, but not videos

2.6/5 Google reviews.... the people who went to the trouble to actually write anything all had similar complaints. I'll be surprised if they do anything for you, and I see that they only sell through vendors, no direct sales. They say they are manufacturing, but they sure look like distributors to me....

I see where to add photos, but not videos
Easiest way is create a Youtube video, and then link to it. (I realize some folks just don't do that either). Maybe possible to email it to someone who can??

Im kind of tired of spending money on supposedly better products then getting poor customer service when you have a legitimate complaint. I am tenacious enough to join a bunch of Chevy, Camaro, Firebird, Corvette, (their primary core) Bronco & Mustang forums to copy this thread.

I purchased the 3 point seatbelt conversion set for my 68, wanting some semblance of safety, (not dry rotted and with proper shoulder restraint) I sent the following to Year One. (Seatbelt Solutions of Jupiter Fl. is the manufacturer) With YearOne saying they get no response from SS, I am now contacting them as well.

“April of 2021 I ordered seat belt set MN725BLKU from you. After delays because of family medical issues and engine problems, I am finally able to continue work on my project. I installed the drivers side seat belt yesterday. For an aftermarket product, it looks and fits pretty good. Please tell me there is a way to adjust belt tension for retact though. That part of it sucks. I can get the belt to finish retracting only if I hold it just right and feed it in. There is enough room on the spool, and it does go in if you fiddle with it, but I certainly don't want to go through that every time I get out of the car.”

Now, I do realize this IS a 2 year old purchase, but on their website, they boast about being OEM quality, American Made product, and they came about because the owner had a classic car blah, blah, blah….
I included a video where you can plainly tell this is an unfinished project ( I haven’t been driving around using the product for all this time). And, EVEN IF I had, I would expect a least a decade of usage out of an OEM quality set of seatbelts.

I’ll update when (or if) I hear back from the manufacturer.
Did you call them to discuss your concerns????

Did you call them to discuss your concerns????

I have not been on the phone with them yet, I sent the above quoted comments to them via their customer service “Contact us” page. I don’t intend to go further until I get some sort of, or lack of response.

I have not been on the phone with them yet, I sent the above quoted comments to them via their customer service “Contact us” page. I don’t intend to go further until I get some sort of, or lack of response.
My advice pick up the phone and call them. Forget the e-mail route. I would not be to quick to bash someone or a company until you have done so.

YearOne is great about giving your money back,they are just a warehouse now. Call dont email

I actually have been in communication with Year One & got a reply from them today. They say no response from the manufacturer, but he is going to try to talk to his management about getting a replacement.

PS. So far I don’t feel like I’m bashing anyone, just advising fellow classic car owners to a potential issue, hence the reason I pointed out that I have contacted the manufacturer, and that I would update after their response.

Wondering (don't want to hijack) if anyone has any experience with seat belt planet? In Oklahoma? Seems to be highly reviewed, especially compared to this vendor.

Seems simple enough:
Seat Belt Solutions
Toll Free: (866) 904-BELT (2358)
Phone: (561) 747-7165

I just installed some seatbelts from Seatbelt Solutions that I got through Wesco Performance. The retractors are a little weaker than I would like. Make sure you don't have anything creating extra resistance on the belt. Also see if your retractor is at an angle to the direction the belt is being pulled out, that could cause it to drag. I originally received the wrong product from SS and they were quick to ship me correct replacements. I would try giving them a call.

Easiest way is create a Youtube video, and then link to it. (I realize some folks just don't do that either). Maybe possible to email it to someone who can??
I have a YouTube video
How do I link it so I can post it to a forum?

I have a YouTube video
How do I link it so I can post it to a forum?
Just open the Youtube video... Copy the link, come back here and paste that link here.... It will display the whole thing perfectly; like this...... (To copy and paste, highlight the link, then right click on it in Youtube....come back here and right click where you want to reply)

Just open the Youtube video... Copy the link, come back here and paste that link here.... It will display the whole thing perfectly; like this...... (To copy and paste, highlight the link, then right click on it in Youtube....come back here and right click where you want to reply)

Can this be done on a iPad or does it have to be done on a computer

I dont have an ipad or any apple products, but I would think its the same on most anything.... these folks say you can;

Auto Transport Service
Back