• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom dashes and consoles

I put an entire dash and center console from an 07 Charger in my 70 GTX. It was much easier than it seems but it did take a lot of time, many in-and-outs to get the fit just right. Lots of discussion about it on my build thread. B Body Stiffening in member projects section. Sorry about the lousy pics, if you are that interested I will take some cleaner ones.

IMG_5494.JPG IMG_5496.JPG

I put an entire dash and center console from an 07 Charger in my 70 GTX. It was much easier than it seems but it did take a lot of time, many in-and-outs to get the fit just right. Lots of discussion about it on my build thread. B Body Stiffening in member projects section. Sorry about the lousy pics, if you are that interested I will take some cleaner ones.

View attachment 582810 View attachment 582811
I’m very interested

View attachment 582810 View attachment 582811
How did I end up doing the same thing without ever hearing about your car? That is really a nice job! I wanted to cut the squared off hump out of the Audi too but it's in a salvage yard. So I made one. Other than that I did what you did. I have to install the harness still but like yours it's a BEAST!

Yours is looking great Ghost! There are tons of emblems that could look just right on your wheel center, particularly once yo fill the holes. Are you going to paint the dash like I did or leave it as is?

Yours is looking great Ghost! There are tons of emblems that could look just right on your wheel center, particularly once yo fill the holes. Are you going to paint the dash like I did or leave it as is?
You know what? I have been contemplating a color change or leather wrap over the winter. What I need to do is pick a car color and stick to it!

this cost about $750 to do in 2011 IIRC
for one of my 68 RR's

68 RR #7 Gauges drawing Sep 12 2011.JPG

68 RR #1 Gauges Sep 12 2011.JPG

68 RR #4 Gauges Sep 12 2011.JPG

68 RR #5 Gauges Sep 12 2011.JPG

You know what? I have been contemplating a color change or leather wrap over the winter. What I need to do is pick a car color and stick to it!
I feel ya on the paint color ive changed my mind about a 100 times now lol

I need to just stop watching tv car shows. I like ALL of the colors they come up with.

I ordered this gauge set. I got the blue led lighting.

934BAC50-C56F-475B-AD13-3CC856A0188A.jpeg

5.7 hemi, where did you find that dash cluster? That just might fit what I need for my Belvedere. Thanks, Clint.

New vintage gauges, home made bezel.

DSC01236.JPG DSC01457.JPG DSC01453.JPG DSC01342.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG
IMG_0425.JPG
69 Coronet with carbon fiber overlay and Speedhut Gauges. Sorry about the lousy pictures, lighting not the best in shop. Had to build a sheet metal insert to replace the original,
weld in place,
arrange gauge placement, cut all holes, cover and then collect all the dash pads from FBBO and ebay. LED indicators and warning lights as well as LED in gauges.....a work in progress. About to order the full car wiring harness and attempt to wire her back together before mounting. A question for you experts: Should I mount and then do my under dash wiring OR wire her up on bench and then mount dash in car? Which is easier and makes better sense from your experiences?

I would do all that could be done on the bench and then install. Lying upside down across the door sill ,is no fun. Any connections could have an extra length of wire added so the dash could be placed up close to it's final location and completely wired up and then set in place. The extra lengths could then be coiled and taped up underneath. If you ever have to pull the dash again then everything can stay hooked up while the dash is out and flipped over so you can work on it in comfort. That's my plan anyway.

That sounds like a great plan, hadn't thought about adding extra length! The wiring of all this new technology into a 50 year old car has me scared anyway...might as well be comfortable. I will be adding EFI to all this and a 6 speed auto with an ECU....I'm really asking for a headache! I appreciate the coaching Ghostrider and any other tips you and others might have. Mocajava

Auto Transport Service
Back