• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dash chrome paint ?

My Alclad paint came in today ,so i will be giveing it a try next week

I like the idea of alclad but the equipment is another cost

I used a silver paint pen on my no-budget beater.

Attachments

• DCP_8033.jpg
    DCP_8033.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 468
I used a silver paint pen on my no-budget beater.

I did My glovebox door with the chrome/silver ink pen and if You like silver...it's great...but if You need the original chrome look....it stinks

2.99 vs 250.00

that's true but like My friend who was building a 300k home and was complaining that upgrading His roof shingles to 3 dimensional was 700 and He was on the fence about doing it. I told Him to do it the way He wants as that if He dosn't do the upgrade,every time He gets out of His car and looks at the roof,and He will, He'll hate it. So, I want the original look, not somthing that doesn't "cut" it. Mines a driver also but I look at the dash all the time

Very true but I only know of 2 options, 2.99 paint or 250.00 chrome and paint. If you want it right then have it rechromed. I'd would do this for my 71 RR but not for my 72 Satellite beater. The paint actually came out alot better then I thought it would but I don't dare touch it. Don't think the results would be as good on a 66/7 bezel.

Attachments

• DCP_8099.jpg
    DCP_8099.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 409
I have some experience with this. And it ain't good. Although I learned something. If you EVER think you might want to actually get it rechromed, do NOT paint it. When plastic is painted, The paint and chemicals soak into the pores and make it impossible to be rechromed. I had a 65 Falcon years ago that I made the mistake of painting the dash because I wanted it to "look better" until I could afford to get it rechromed. About a year later, I found out that I made a mistake. I had to find another instrument housing, which at that time was not too difficult. I'd hate to have to do it now.

An air brush is only $15.00

and compressor...and cleaning stuff....I just bought a spraycan of alclad and waiting for delivery to try it...will see if better than the pen thingie

I have been using this paint for several years doing airbrush work. It is the closet thing to chrome you can get in a paint. Just make sure you use a flat black base and use very thin coats of the chrome paint. It don't take much to get it to look right. If you use too much it will turn more silver. Also do not use a clear coat over it as this too will turn it a dull color.

I have been using this paint for several years doing airbrush work. It is the closet thing to chrome you can get in a paint. Just make sure you use a flat black base and use very thin coats of the chrome paint. It don't take much to get it to look right. If you use too much it will turn more silver. Also do not use a clear coat over it as this too will turn it a dull color.

good stuff

Auto Transport Service
Back