• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Cover Cap

P

PRND21_

Has anyone installed a dash cover cap, the formed plastic cover for cosmetics only? I saw one for $70 and thought it would suffice until I can replace the pad.

Pics would be great.

For what car?

I have one I was going to use on a 74 Charger, but sold the car.
At the time it was $60 versus the only other option of $1200 from Just Dashes.

The 72 Charger I bought had one already on it.
It literally took me a few days to realize it was a cap.

They are not soft like OEM, but if installed correctly. look pretty darn good.
IIRC, they are closer to $100 now, but I've also seen them in a couple colors other than black.

I've put them on 2 67-Coronets. Nobody notices.

I've used them with success on notoriously crappy 2000's era model Dodge trucks.
I've put them on 2 67-Coronets. Nobody notices.

Seems an odd choice for the Coronet. Were you just not wanting to pull the pad? I would think for the same cost you could get new vinyl wrapped over the existing pad at any upholstery shop.

I've used them with success on notoriously crappy 2000's era model Dodge trucks.

Seems an odd choice for the Coronet. Were you just not wanting to pull the pad? I would think for the same cost you could get new vinyl wrapped over the existing pad at any upholstery shop.
That's what I did with my Charger pad only in leather to match the rest of the interior. Pretty simple part to wrap.

Vinyl wrap never looks like the factory pad.

66/67 repro pads aren't very expensive compared to most others, and there's not much to them or to replacing them.

Can you post a link? I am looking for something to just cover the cracks until I get back to the Mainland and have room and shop.

YY1 If you still have yours are you willing to get rid of it, and will it fit a 71?

The caps look and fit great. Used one in my Aspen, also.

Mine were all award winning and magazine article cars.....so I guess they don't look too bad.

5duko7.jpg

2n16cmh.jpg

2a4r3vr.jpg

so how do they install? just over old dash pad?. Mine has some pretty big cracks. Would they need to be knocked down/smoothed out a bit. or do you rip off of pad and place this on original core? is there some adhesive to hold it in place? I want it to look decent which apparently they can, and also not spend 1200+ on restoration.
I actually have an ebody. Yearone sells a dash cap for $119. are we talking the same thing and does anyone have experience with theirs caps.
Or like I learned on carpet thread..really only one producer of carpet. is this true with these caps?

thanks. I have been learning so much from you BBody guys about general Mopar knowledge. Ebody guys share great too, just seems to be a lot less activity there

One I bought uses RTV and they said sand bags on top to weigh cap down. Cracks I guess knockem down. They would make it look wavy. Got one for 66/67 Belvedere for sale.

For what car?

I have one I was going to use on a 74 Charger, but sold the car.
At the time it was $60 versus the only other option of $1200 from Just Dashes.

The 72 Charger I bought had one already on it.
It literally took me a few days to realize it was a cap.

They are not soft like OEM, but if installed correctly. look pretty darn good.
IIRC, they are closer to $100 now, but I've also seen them in a couple colors other than black.
Do you still have the cap for the 74?

Has anyone tried the new Dash Pad Cover offered by CLassic Industries MB525100.
I have one on order which should be availalbe end of August.
Note, my new Dash pad came apart while the car was sitting outside on a hot sunny day.
I am hoping to use the Dash Pad Cover so I do not have to remove the entire dash form the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back