• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Frame Help

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
Having some fitment issues on my dash frame. Has been out of the car a good while now, and I am putting back in to mock up everything prior to painting it (btw finally found the correct color with some texture, Instrument Specialties mixed me a quart - not cheap but confident it will be correct this time).
Anyway not surprisingly it does not want to go back in as easily as it came out.
I have two questions:

1) per the pics the outer edge of the frame just naturally seem to fit outside the lip on the car, is this correct? Someone had put a screw in one side but I do not believe it goes there.

2) per the other pic, someone in the past had evidently spot welded (or something similar) the top of the frame on the passenger side, but did not push it flush with the top of the dash. See the differences in the pics. As a result it is very difficult to get into place on the passenger side, scrubs the inside part of the car. Anyway, I will have to repair it and the trick will be getting it loose from the top without damaging it. Any suggestions to repair this would be appreciated.

IMG_1561.jpeg

IMG_1563.jpeg

IMG_1564.jpeg

IMG_1565.jpeg

#1 yes it goes over the edge of the pinch weld like that.
#2 doesn’t that get covered by the a pillar trim?

1) Thank you. Needed to know that.

2). Yes it will get covered likely but being wider there I’m have trouble getting things to line up. I’ll give it another go before I do significant (unnecessary) surgery.

Thanks much!

Auto Transport Service
Back